|Date Posted:||May 7, 2017|
|Closing Date:||May 12, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAFG|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||4 months|
About Ministry of Communication and Information Technology:
The incumbent of this position will be responsible for Preparing the work plan for the department and, provide interpretation and translation services to high ranking officials of MCIT and E-NID and also translating documents from Dari to Pashto and or English and Vice versa.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Prepare work plan of the Department in accordance with work plan and strategic goals of the agency and ensure its effective and timely implementation.
2. Translate substantive English/ Dari/ Pashto documents covering full range of topics conforming to the required standards.
3. Provide interpretation service to the high-ranking officials of MCIT and eNID PMO in the meetings and conferences.
4. Review draft translated documents with the authorized translators to correct errors and provide feedback for accuracy and consistency.
5. Work closely with the MCIT directorates to clarify document issues and make last changes in the translated documents.
6. Review, edit and proof read the final documents and certify the translated contents.
7. Make effective language databank and resources of glossaries and translated terms and expressions.
8. Make efforts to further develop the Dari/ Pashto glossary of specific terms/ expressions for use as reference and facilitating translation accuracy across the board.
9. Undertake the compilation of all translated materials (laws, regulations, decrees, international instruments) for MCIT websites.
10. Any other duties as required by higher authorities in accordance with laws, regulations and objectives of the Commission
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
o Must meet requirements for implementation of this Job Description according to article 7 of Civil Servants Law
o Advanced University degree preferably in English language, literature, journalism and other related fields.
o Minimum of 7 years’ experience in translation tasks, preferably with a governmental or international organization.
o Excellent command of English Language as well as Dari and Pashtu.
o Experience in using word processing and other computer applications.
o Good writing skills; high standards of accuracy, consistency and faithfulness to the spirit, style and nuances of the original text; good grasp of the subject matter; ability to use all sources of reference, consultation and information relevant to the task at hand; ability to maintain an adequate speed and volume of output, taking into account the difficulty of the text and the specified deadline.
o Ability to establish priorities and plan, coordinate and monitor own work.
o Readiness to independently pursue training to acquire the ability to perform at higher levels of difficulty and complexity.