|Date Posted:||Jun 22, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jun 29, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Agricultural Development Fund:
The Agricultural Development Fund (ADF) will act as a second-tier wholesale lending institution that will lend to intermediaries in the agricultural value chain, who will then on-lend to small commercial farmers, defined as farmers with 1-30 hectares. ADF is capitalized by a $100 million grant provided by the United States Government to increase lending to the agriculture sector to create a more competitive agriculture sector through expanded agricultural production and increased incomes for agricultural households. ADF will lend directly and indirectly to banks, non-bank financial institutions, credit unions, microfinance institutions and non-financial intermediaries such as private farmer associations, farm stores, agricultural depots, food processors, agribusinesses and other market participants and informal providers of finance that support the development of agricultural value chains in Afghanistan and can enhance the supply of agricultural credit to the end-borrowers at the farm level.
The Technician /Plumber under general supervision of ADF supervisor, shall maintain the flow and drainage of water, air, and other gases by assembling, installing, and repairing pipes, fittings of electrical devices, and plumbing fixtures. Technician /Plumber will Maintain and provide safest operation of all plumbing and electrical systems of ADF facilities
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assemble, install, maintain, and pressure test all pipes, fittings of electrical devices/systems, and fixtures of heating, water, drainage, sprinkler, and gas systems according to specifications and plumbing codes.
- Determine sources of plumbing malfunctions and complete repairs as indicated or according to work orders.
- Install and repair pipes, fittings of electrical wires/devices/systems, valves, fixtures, and plumbing system equipment, including sinks, commodes, water heaters, water softeners, etc.
- Repair dishwashers and kitchen equipment that incorporate gas or water consumption.
- Repair or replace wiring equipment, plumbing and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Report any electrical problem to ADF Sr. Facility Officer.
- Place conduct (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas.
- Maintains office Generator Equipment and Repairing and Installation of Generators Parts.
- Install generators to form complete power generating stations in the work area premises, if required and maintain existing systems.
- Carry out scheduled routine maintenance such as troubleshooting, servicing of generators, emergency repairs of generators as and when required.
- Check correct requirement of electrical loads for proper sizing of generators and prepare material specifications for the purpose of raising requisitions.
- Monitor the tools/equipment and spare parts inventory, ensure the use of the spare parts in a productive manner, check fuel consumption of generators and generators running hours on daily basis.
- Respond to emergency calls as needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Other duties could include working in other areas of the maintenance department of ADF office to provide support during absences or shortage of staff in other trades or to perform duties associated related to any projects.
- Requires flexibility and understanding that all maintenance staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal area of expertise to meet the mission and goals of Agricultural Development Fund.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
- Graduated from 12th Grade of high school.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in plumbing and electrical field.
- Knowledge of plumbing repairs, maintenance, and installation techniques.
- Knowledge of plumbing codes.
- Ability to read and interpret outlines, diagrams, schematics, and written reference material.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to speak and write in local languages.
- Have best organizational, personal, and technical skills.