|Date Posted:||Sep 5, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 16, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||5|
|Functional Area:||Electrical Engineering,Information Technology,Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Probation Period:||2 months|
About Smart Touch :
SMART TOUCH TELECOM SERVICES (STTS) is a privately owned company in Afghanistan, Infrastructure provider in the Telecommunications, Fiber Optics and IT Services sector, delivering turnkey solutions to its clients. Established in 2017, STTS has strives to deliver projects on time, within budget and to the required quality, while maintaining focus on continuous improvement on adopted policies and procedures applicable to the technologies the company operates in.
Performs a variety of operational work in the development, installation, and maintenance of the STTS build and maintained fiber optic networks, communications transmission and distribution system.
Promotes positive customer service relations through daily interactions with customers encountered in the field or work place along with displaying a positive attitude and work ethic in cooperating with STTS and fellow employees and clients.
Performs related work as required and have positive attitude while performing duties for STTS.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans network installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site; preparing an installation diagram.
- Establishes voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables; installing telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, multiplexers, cable trays, and alarm and fire-suppression systems; building ironwork and ladder racks; establishing connections; programming features; establishing connections and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools; coordinating with line manager.
- Maintains network links by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation.
- Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, and legal regulations.
- Knowledge of Optical Fiber technology; Splicing, testing, and troubleshooting of fiber sites and links.
- Restoring links within given time and duration as per SLA.
- Installs, operates, and maintains transmission and distribution fiber optic lines and associated equipment.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Telecom / IT Engineer will be responsible for installation, repairing, maintenance and assembling of all kind of equipment include, printers, copiers, computers, scanners, UPS, Stabilizers,IP Security camera, NVR, DVR and other IT related equipment.
- Telecom / IT Engineer will visit the customers’ sites for maintenance, installation to resolve user problems and instruct customer in good manner where he/she must get satisfied activities.
- Ensure that there is an appropriate record keeps system for tracking problems and resolution of customer; network problems and use it to summarize analyze and report on the results of these activities including any recommendations for changes to the IT infrastructure and/or customer training.
- Report to the team leader on weekly/Monthly basis.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul, Logar, Paktika, Paktya, Khost
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication, Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology, or another related field (would be preferred).
- Technicians who have studied electronics or communications at least for two years period of time are counted eligible and have practical experience.
- Experience using FO troubleshooting tools (i.e. OTDR, Mass Fusion Splicing, fiber joints, fiber detector machine etc.)
- GIS Working experience.
- Sound communications skills in Dari, Pashto & English (Verbal & Written).