|Date Posted:||Aug 1, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan.
Founded in 2004, The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has programmes in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A's vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services primarily targeting micro/small businesses and households. The bank provides credit and deposit products to a wide range of clients including micro, small and medium enterprises along with commercial banking and international remittance services.
The bank is also a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
With over 1,100 employees, FMFB-A operates in 14 provinces of Afghanistan through 39 branches. The number of FMFB-A clients across 14 provinces reaches about to 180,000 (men and women) both in rural and urban areas. The FMFB-A loan outstanding and savings values reach to over AFN 6.2 billion and AFN 2.5 billion, respectively.
The incumbent of the position is responsible for releasing loans, in collaboration with the Loan Officers ensuring its safe and timely repayment, and strengthening the FMFB public image in the mind of clients.
Requires travel to provinces:
•Good command of written and spoken English.
•Good computing literacy.
•Demonstrated ability to play with figures, demonstrated arithmetical and calculation skills.
•Ability to register new clients and open accounts (except loan accounts).
•Good presentation and excellent courtesy attitude.
•Serious, rigorous, and respecting customers.
•Able to detect mistakes and take corrective steps.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcomes clients at the counter and, if needed, introduces them to the most relevant person/another cashier.
- Carries out all cash related transactions (loan release, repayment receive, informing the respective loan office and other parties involved of any potential problem in relation to loan repayment, etc. in a due manner.
- Ensures the alignment of loan release and its return with the in place FMFB MF policies and procedures.
- Registers all cash transactions in the respective IT system/package developed for serving the purpose.
- Establish and maintain good and clear working relationships with other entities in the FMFB.
- Orders and maintains cash supplies for the branch and ensures timely execution of all loan release and return transaction; and displays the cash position in a due manner.
- Deals with clients in a manner that is conducive to strengthening the FMFB public image.
- Any other identical task assigned by the respective supervisor/s.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Takhar
•A widely recognized Degree in accounting.
•Previous Accounting background and experience (preferably in commercial banking at a Back-office position).