|Date Posted:||Sep 3, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 18, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 3 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan.
Founded in 2004, The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has programmes in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A's vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services primarily targeting micro/small businesses and households. The bank provides credit and deposit products to a wide range of clients including micro, small and medium enterprises along with commercial banking and international remittance services.
The bank is also a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
With over 1,100 employees, FMFB-A operates in 14 provinces of Afghanistan through 39 branches. The number of FMFB-A clients across 14 provinces reaches about to 180,000 (men and women) both in rural and urban areas. The FMFB-A loan outstanding and savings values reach to over AFN 6.2 billion and AFN 2.5 billion, respectively.
The incumbent of the position is responsible to extend required support to Head Teller/ for the execution of cash transactions with Clients in terms of cash withdrawal and cash deposits, handling Customers cash related issues, or any other Cash related matter in mentioned section in Hirat 2 Branch.
Requires travel to provinces:
- The candidate must have the skill of working under pressure and higher communication skill and ability of convincing customers in the field.
- The vacant must have the knowledge of computer skill and fluency of language in English and local languages.
- Commitment, ability and desire to learn and develop others, integrity, tactfulness, being value driven and self-disciplined.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handling large cash withdrawal and deposits concerning the full compliance policy in line of the regulatory regulations.
- Checking and verifying customer signature in MIS system while withdrawing.
- Customer Cash withdrawals and checking Notes asper DAB current circulation of Note distribution.
- Receiving Cash Deposits and checking the supporting documents asper compliance policy.
- Checking and filing daily cash withdrawal/ deposit vouchers.
- Preparing voucher and in putting in the system.
- Currency exchange and preparing exchange slips.
- Maintaining cash in and cash out report.
- Checking and ensuring validity of currency cash on the counter.
- Balancing the tills at end of the day.
- Recording all the denomination of the notes at back of the all cash vouchers while making payments.
- Replacing Head teller in case of his absence.
- Any other tasks assigned by the respective line manager.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Herat
- Diploma in finance and banking and an academic Bachelor is preferred with a higher chance.
- Hands on experience of at least 3 years in banking or a related field such as accounting, finance and cash related affairs, etc.