|Date Posted:||Jun 30, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 7, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||51000 - 51200 AFN monthlyAFN|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||3 month(s)|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Apply medical knowledge, skills to diagnose, and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patient’s illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material
- Ensure on-going training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary
- Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- Medical Doctor diploma essential
- Other experience in similar position desirable
- Experience as ER Medical Doctor is an asset
- Pashto: oral and written essential Dari: oral and written is desirable English: oral and written is desirable
- The staff will be under MSF contract and work according to roster (40H per week)
- The gross salary for this position is 51,200 AFN (non-negotiable)
Job Location:Afghanistan, Helmand
The interested candidates should submit their applications before Tuesday 7 July 2020 at 15:00 pm with CV and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Helmand Project in a sealed envelope at Boost Hospital, main entrance, Application box. Or by email to: email@example.com
The reference TEMPORARY MEDICAL DOCTOR must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.