|Date Posted:||Jul 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 22, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Education (MoE):
The aim of the EQRA Project is “to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.” EQRA introduces a shift from monitoring only the enrollment of students (which also includes attention to students designated as ‘permanently absent’) to focusing on bringing children into school as well as student attendance. The Education Quality Reform for Afghanistan (EQRA) is fully aligned with the goals of the Afghanistan National Strategic Plan (NESP III). The project is designed to (A) increase equitable access in disadvantaged districts especially for girls; (B) improve quality of instruction/education service delivery and (C) enhance MoE governance and management capacity. The project focuses on the construction and expansion of schools, provide community-based education to out of school children, reform curriculum for all grades, improve and ensure textbooks delivery to schools, enhance academic supervision, strengthen teacher & TTC quality, improve execution of budget, strengthen and increase use of EMIS, implement capacity building reform, and reform recruitment process for civil service.
Textbooks Print Production and Distribution Specialist/Manager will be leading the EQRA funded publication TAs , in close coordination with DPI’s relevant Tashkil staff. Four TAs will be based in MoE .The Textbooks Print Production and Distribution Distribution specialist / Manager will report to the DPI Director, and will be responsible for the following:
Provinces to travel:
a. Strong computer Skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
b. Excellent communication skills in English, Pashto and Dari languages.
c. Proposal and report writing skills
d. Strong arithmetical, statistical, and mathematical skills.
e. Must be willing to travel throughout Afghanistan and abroad.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Execution of textbooks printing and distribution contracts.
2. Developing and Polishing DPI’s printing and distribution policies in coordination with relevant sources based on auditors’ recommendations and capacity assessments conducted by third parties.
3. Creating close Coordination and Harmony among all functioning units; which Textbooks print production and Distribution Department is linked to, by one or other way.
4. Supervising the overall process of designing and preparing proposal for future required Budget in close coordination with relevant sources.
5. Be responsible for hiring the required TAs, preparing and application of Textbooks print production and Distribution Departments’ employee performance appraisal annually, in close coordination with HR.
6. Technically consulting the Director in overall management of textbooks’ printing and distribution department.
7. Supervising the development of an effective and efficient textbooks information system (OTIMS).
8. Advising and planning meetings on different Directorates’ Top Management related matters with relevant units of the Ministry and international donors whenever required.
9. Supervising and assuring the accuracy of all work plans related to Textbooks Printing, Textbooks Printing Projects implementation timeline, Textbooks Distribution and Textbooks Transportation.
10. Ability to prepare contract reconciliation/price adjustment reports, make projections and to advise the Ministry as to how she can budget effectively and efficiently for her present and future textbooks’ needs.
11. Preparing reports for relevant sources inside and outside the Ministry esp. to the Donors on TPPs
Deliverables of Textbooks Print Production and Distribution Specialist/ Manager
1. Semi-annual reports on the performance of monitoring committee;
2. Preparing annual reports based on donor’s concerns and auditors reports;
3. Textbooks printing projects/proposal for textbooks printing on biannual basis;
4. Annual performance appraisal reports of DPI TAs;
5. Quarterly M&E reports on OTIMS to ACR and Donors;
6. Quarterly M&E repots to printing and distribution projects to donors;
7. Amendments for textbooks printing and distribution contracts as and when required;
8. Contract evaluation/price adjustment report at the end of each and every textbooks printing projects;
9. National level reports on printing, distribution of textbooks for higher authorities (Donors, H.Es, NPA, Parliament and Presidency), on monthly/quarterly/semi-annual/annual basis or as and when required;
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
a. At least Bachelor’s degree in education or other related fields such Economics, Business Administration, and social sciences.
a. At least 5 years of experience in the related field).
b. At least he/she should have experience in the public/private organizations in the relevant field.
Recruitment, work condition and evaluation
1. The recruitment will be done through transparent and competitive processes.
2. Work conditions
1. The Textbooks Print Production & Distribution Specialist/Manager will work according to Afghanistan MoE’s and donors' rules and regulation.
2. MoE will provide a proper work station at MoE main building.
1. The initial three months will be considered a probationary period.
2. A formal performance evaluation shall be conducted annually jointly by the Ministry of Education leadership as well as by the WB with observers of the key donors.
3. An exit interview will be conducted upon completion of the contract. This exit interview constitutes condition for final payment.
4. These reporting obligations would be in addition to any reporting and evaluation obligations decided and directly conducted by the Ministry and/or World Bank.
5. The contract extension is subject to fund availability, organization’s need and satisfactory performance.