|Date Posted:||Nov 3, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Nov 18, 2019|
|Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Education/ Training|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Social Development and Research Organization for Afghans (SDROA) is a non-governmental organization. We are the implementing partner for the U.S. Embassy for Lincoln Learning Centers (LLCs) across Afghanistan. Currently, we are operating in 22 provinces of Afghanistan. The LLCs are equipped with computers, books, magazines and other reading materials. These centers offer educational activities and programs for various audiences. They host a number of ongoing educational and cultural programs. These centers serve thousands of people all over Afghanistan. The Lincoln Learning Centers are a joint venture between the U.S. Embassy Kabul, and a host institution in the province.
Under the direction of the English Program Manager, the TOEFL instructors are required to teach the TOEFL iBT classes at the LLC. The instructors should have a minimum TOEFL iBT score of 90 or equivalent. This is a part-time job and the instructor will be paid 20 USD per each 90 minutes’ session. The teacher will teach the classes according to a pre-determined course material and all course materials will be provided by the organization. For the management of the classes, the teacher will use the Educational Management Information System (EMIS) and will be responsible for providing any other supplementary materials needed for the classes based on students’ need. The teachers will be involved in curriculum development, course evaluation, and assessment prior to the TOEFL program start date. The TOEFL classes meet three times a week and the teachers are responsible to teach one class.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Have a communicative and learner-centered approach to teaching.
· Have potential to complete a comprehensive training plan.
· Understand needs assessment, planning, developing, monitoring and evaluation of the course.
· Familiar with up to date training methods and techniques relevant to research.
· Be adaptable and flexible to the teaching context and bring initiatives where needed.
· Extensive knowledge of standardized tests such as the TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, SAT and others.
· Have knowledge of U.S. sponsored exchange programs such as the Fulbright.
Excellent communication, problem solving and presentation skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Teach the TOEFL iBT and EAP classes at the LLC.
2. Develop a comprehensive curriculum for the TOEFL iBT and EAP classes.
3. Prepare lesson plans and submit them through Google Classroom on time.
4. Prepare handouts and presentations required for each session based on the curriculum.
5. Prepare and administer placement tests, student interviews, achievement tests, and practice TOEFL iBT tests.
6. Prepare evaluation forms and assessment plan for TOEFL iBT classes.
7. Provide updated test-taking skills and strategies to enable students achieve their desired score.
8. Keep a well-organized student portfolio to track student’s progress throughout the course.
9. Use additional online resources as supplementary materials for the classes.
10. Assist in student registration, placement test administration, and enrollment.
11. Take the attendance in EMIS for every session.
12. Perform any other related duties in accordance with instructions from English Program Manager.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Nangarhar
· At least two years of TOEFL instruction experience is required.
· Have a minimum TOEFL iBT score of 90 or equivalent.
· Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and knowledge of Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Forms, and experience in handling web-based management systems.
Send you resume to below email address. Write the position reference number and title in your email subject line.