|Date Posted:||Jan 22, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 27, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
About Kakar Advocates LLC:
Kakar Advocates, LLC, is a full-service international commercial law firm based in Kabul, Afghanistan. We are a diverse group of lawyers uniquely positioned to provide a broad range of legal services to international and Afghan business enterprises. Driven by the passion for teamwork, global outlook and local execution, we strive to serve our clients efficiently and effectively to help them achieve their business goals and objectives. Our team combines international experience with local knowledge to provide the highest standard of service to clients. The team includes internationally trained attorneys, Afghan attorneys, tax and corporate consultants, as well as Afghan government relation specialists. The attorneys have worked in large and prominent US law firms, in addition to occupying important positions, among others, as Advisor to the President and Deputy Chief of Staff, Advisor to the Attorney General, Advisor to the Minister of Justice, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of a commercial bank, US Army Judge Advocate, Senior Defense Counsel, scholar at Harvard Law School, and U.S. diplomat in the Middle East.
The Advisor assists, within the given framework, in the design, development and management of technical assistance projects, focusing on one or more of the following areas:
(i) export and sectoral strategy development;
(ii) market development;
(iii) trade facilitation.
Requires travel to provinces:
• Demonstrated capacity and substantial experience in dealing with policy and strategic issues related to institution building and governance.
• Excellent command of English language as well as local languages (Dari and Pashto).
• Strong follow-up and punctuality to meet deadlines.
• Proactive and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to produce well-written documents, presentations and reports in English.
• Flexible working hours to cope with work pressure.
• Disciplined, representative, ethical, professional and hard-worker.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Work with the Head of Section and other Advisers to provide professional input in developing appropriate projects for delivering technical assistance related to trade and industry development, SMART reform action plans, in-line with PSD NPP strategic priorities.
2. Provide guidance to Government and private sector actors in relation to exports and imports, doing business across borders, dealing with business permits, taxes, and accessing credit.
3. Assist the Government of Afghanistan in recommending reforms to improve performance the in doing business indicators and in successful implementation of doing business reforms
4. work to promote skills and knowledge transfer to the Government with lasting benefits on policy ownership and the long-term sustainability of national policy making.
5. Assist the relevant government, relevant institutions and other stakeholders in addressing constrains faced by the private sector.
6. Prepare preliminary concept papers and project assessments. Implement and manage a portfolio of approved trade-related technical assistance projects and priorities within the given guidelines.
7. Maintain and provide up-to-date information on program implementation and results, in keeping with results-based management (RBM) methods of reporting.
8. Assist in the selection of external experts and consulting firms for providing identified inputs on technical assistance projects, monitor and evaluate the work of such experts and consulting firms.
9. Analyze, vets and edits technical reports on projects prior to their finalization and prepares project completion reports.
10. Develop new partnerships with international organizations in the areas of mutual interest to exert greater impact and, explore and secure additional funding to further, expand develop the work program on regional trade.
11. Develop and manage document the policy work on country-based and regional trade issues.
12. Prepare and, or as required, contribute to the preparation and delivery of written reports, papers and briefings and make oral presentations; and prepare and contribute to the speeches and briefs for senior management, and respond to ad-hoc inquiries as appropriate.
13. Comprehensive analysis and understanding of multilateral trading systems of international development programs, particularly, trade and industry development related programs.
14. Provide support to the team for the development, coordination, and implementation of trade and industry development related policies and programs.
15. Provide top-notch policy and strategic advisory services to the firm on key issues in industrial development and emerging industrial policies, strategies and programs implementation challenges.
16. Provide full technical support to the organization to drive the implementation of the reforms and monitor effective implementation.
17. Identification of national and international best practices in effective orchestration of interventions to enhance local and regional industrialization.
18. Conduct assessment and process mapping of top challenges affecting private sector.
19. Assist the organization in developing business, trade and industry reforms to achieve predefined goals and objectives.
20. Performs any other duties as may be required from time to time by the Head of Section or the Director.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
• Master’s degree from a well-recognized university in relevant fields, i.e. public administration, economics, law or business administration.
• Having at least 3-5 years of relevant work experience working in Afghanistan either with the Afghan government or international organizations at senior levels.