|Date Posted:||May 3, 2010|
|Reference:||ASMED KAB 06|
|Closing Date:||May 9, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Economic Growth|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
The Trade Fair Specialist will be instrumental in supporting ASMED partnerâ€™s participation at domestic and international trade fairs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Research and track future international trade fairs, in consultation with the Trade Fair Advisor, sectoral and component leads, as well as the RMs, COP and DCOP/Technical.
2. Serve as the primary point of contact for the Trade Fair Advisor while he is away from post attending trade fairs or while on leave.
3. Assist with all issues related to the coordination and implementation of ASMEDâ€™s international trade fair participation.
4. Manage logistics related to participantsâ€™ attendance, travel and shipping internationally.
5. Assist in the operational management of national trade fairs, including the Herat marble conference, regional Carpet Fairs, and others to be decided.
6. Coordinate with ASMEDâ€™s contracts, operations, logistics and communications teams in Kabul to ensure effective operational support of the trade fairs.
7. Oversee selected local subcontractors for event site development,infrastructure, management and services of the regional trade fairs in cooperation with regional local administrative staff.
8. Perform any other tasks that are assigned by USAID, the ASMED COP,DCOP/Technical and/or the Trade Fair Advisor.
â€¢ A B.A./B.S. in economics, international business or marketing related field required.
â€¢ At least 3 years of work experience either in the field of international development as well as in international business/marketing.
â€¢ Knowledge of at least one of the key sectors covered by the ASMED project (carpets, gemstones, marble, and agribusiness or artisan production), either through international study, work experience or attendance at trade shows.
â€¢ Fluent in written and spoken Dari, Pashto and English.
â€¢ Strong computer word processing/spreadsheet skills including advanced budgeting skills.
â€¢ Good teamwork skills including excellent interpersonal and
â€¢ At least one events management experience.