|Date Posted:||Feb 23, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Mar 5, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) was founded in 2006 is a unique public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, a French NGO – La Chaine de L’Espoir/Enfants Afghans and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital. FMIC embodies a sign of hope for the medical care mothers and children in Kabul. The Institute has risen to the challenge of charting a course towards sustainable health solutions for Afghanistan. It is the first ISO certified hospital in Afghanistan, aiming to provide compassionate, accessible, cost-effective, high quality care services to the population of Afghanistan. Currently the hospital provides161-bed inpatient care for children and adults, including 15 beds for pediatric intensive care, 17 bed adult cardiac care with a state of art cardiac catheterization laboratory, 52 new beds for maternal care, 63 beds allocated for pediatric medical and surgical units and a 14 bed neonatal intensive care unit. Six operation theatres, a department of radiology which includes CT-Scan and MRI capabilities, a state-of-the-art laboratory, a 24 hour pharmacy service and outpatient services for the adult population in medical and surgical specialties. FMIC also runs a Postgraduate Medical Education considering a training hub for healthcare professionals. Through its e-Health programme, FMIC offers telemedicine and eLearning services to hospitals in Bamyan, Badakhshan and Kandahar in Afghanistan and Khorog in Tajikistan. FMIC is working towards expansion of its health services towards establishing a comprehensive 400 bed Academic Medical Complex in Kabul, which will serve not only the Afghan population but Central Asia as well, as a medical Center of excellence.”
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
1. The trainee will enter a programme of structured and in-service training, which fulfils the requirements of the core-training programme of the Assistant Pathologists. This will include full participation, under Consultant supervision, in all aspects of the diagnostic, clinical liaison and infection control services provided by the department. When appropriately experienced, the trainee will contribute to the pathologist/medical bacteriologist on-call service including weekend and prospective cover.
2. Trainees will have the opportunity to develop managerial skills as they rotate through the various sections.
3. The trainee will be expected to take full advantage of the opportunities for research and to collaborate with training consultant in the overall research strategy of the department.
4. All trainees will be expected to gain in depth knowledge of quality management system and follow departmental standard operating procedures.
5. All trainees will be expected to attend the various educational opportunities provided in the Laboratory as well as hospital. Trainees should also where appropriate assist in the training and education of Lab technicians.
6. Regular assessment of progress will be made during the period of training. There will be quarterly assessment in which the trainee will be required to demonstrate evidence of satisfactory progress in order to proceed to the next quarter.
Candidates should be/have:
â€¢ MD, MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES:
â€¢ Problem Solving and Decision Making
â€¢ Organization and Planning
â€¢ Excellent written / verbal Communication Skills English and Dari.