|Date Posted:||May 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 25, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture,Social Science|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 6 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
Welthungerhilfe it is one of Germany's biggest non-governmental relief organizations. Non-profit making, politically independent and non-denominational, the organization is run by a Supervisory Board of honorary members under the patronage of the President of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its work is funded by private donations and public grants. Welthungerhilfe is working since the 1980’s continuously in Afghanistan and opened the first offices in 1992. Since this time Welthungerhilfe has implemented some 165 project in Afghanistan. Main fields of Welthungerhilfe intervention in Afghanistan are emergency relief, food and nutrition security, rural and regional development and water and sanitation.
The purpose of this position to conduct training need assessment and organize training and capacity building measures for the project staff, conduct ToTs for educated community volunteers and relevant stakeholders in order to effectively implement the winterization supports project in the project area.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Supervisory and team building skills
· Problem solving and basic counseling skills
· Negotiations skills and effective verbal and listening communications skills
· Effective written communications skills
· Stress management skills
· Time management skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
· The Trainer will raise awareness on, train the communities in SFNS, and assist the communities.
· Together with CDC and committee members, the Trainer will conduct training need assessment, prepare concrete training plans for bringing SFNS awareness.
· The Trainers will supervise training and capacity building activities by external trainers.
· The trainers will anchor the SFNS approach in the CDC committees (capacity development)
· The trainer will assist CDC to link communities with relevant SFNS actors and networks and establish sound communication infrastructure.
· Establish and maintain close coordination with the agencies in charge and the relevant stakeholders at the district level.
· The trainers will be responsible for organizing the distribution of SFNS materials, accounting, and reporting on the distributions.
· The trainers will develop the capacity of village SFNS activists that will be responsible for the monitoring and updating of the SFNS plans at the community level.
· Selection of training participants in consultation with the CDC based on jointly developed criteria.
· Provision of separate teaching plans and handbooks to be developed for the participants with Master Trainer.
· S/he will prepare SFNS development plans for the staff, partners and stakeholders.
· Maintain an excellent working relation with local communities, CDCs, government authorities, line department and relevant stakeholders.
· Ensure cross-programme integration, learning, sharing and adoption of best practices from other WHH projects.
· Develop a format for weekly reporting on SFNS progress updates and techniques used for training and capacity.
· Actively participate in the project’s quality implementation.
· Provide accurate information in a timely manner to the management team on topics and developments related to the project’s SFNS related activities, including press reviews and security related information.
· Provide documents/ data/ reports upon request of the management team.
· Provide input to the weekly/monthly schedule of SFNS related activities.
· Report systematically on a daily basis on field activities to the MT/Operational Manager.
· Participate in maintaining a well-ordered and transparent filing system.
· Cooperate and represent Welthungerhilfe in government institutions and NGO meetings as well as other relevant stakeholders.
· Perform other tasks as required.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Samangan
· University degree in Agriculture, Social Science or any other relevant field proffered
· At least 5 years of working experience in a similar position in a national or international NGO.
· Excellent understanding of local context needs and challenges of the local communities.
· Strong communicator with gravitas and the ability to articulate complex subjects in “lay-man” terms in the local context;
· Ability to facilitate workshops and gatherings to reach its required outputs; engender a sense of belonging and ownership to the decisions made;
· Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
· Working knowledge of English; strong knowledge of local languages.
· Organized, team player, proactive attitude and ability to multi-task;
· Ability to meet deadlines and cope with pressing timelines, willingness to work overtime if needed;
· Ability to work and be comfortable in complex situations with incomplete information;
· work and be comfortable in complex situations with incomplete information
The applicants should complete & submit only the WHH Recruitment Form as attached below with resume to the following email address and HR Database will not accept only resume of applicant.
Note: Only application send to below address will be considered. Applications send to any other address even within the organization cannot be considered.
Please put the vacancy number and job title in your email subject or otherwise your email will reject from resume database.