|Date Posted:||Jul 12, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jul 18, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About FINCA Afghanistan:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Conduct needs assessments of F/A staff as appropriate.
2. Oversee the design and development of all training programme curriculum, manuals and training materials created by consultants.
3. Develop training materials within oneâ€™s own areas of expertise.
4. Ensure the quality of training materialsâ€™ translation from English into Dari and Pushto languages.
5. Oversee the work of all trainers including visiting and part-time lecturers/trainers and make changes as needed.
6. Prepare and manage the calendar and course programs/timetables for all F/A training courses.
7. Develop and deliver Training of Trainers courses for F/A trainings and undertake follow-on skill development as needed.
8. Deliver training programs or sessions within oneâ€™s own areas of expertise.
9. Be responsible for assuring the quality of training delivery of consultant and F/A core trainings including quality of assignments, quizzes, exercises, and other class activities.
10. Take initiative to improve teaching materials and adjust training programmes.
11. Ensure systematic evaluation to obtain participantsâ€™ feedback on the training delivery, materials, quality of translation, etc. and discuss feedback points with the trainers and the Training Manager to further improve training quality/management.
12. Write brief evaluation reports.
13. Take an active part in the recruitment and development of newly recruited trainers.
14. Be responsible for the filing and security of all training materials both hard and soft documents.
15. Establish and manage the F/Aâ€™s library/resource center and have the librarian to properly record all the books.
16. Assist the Regional Training Manager in day-to-day training management.
The Training Coordinator will perform other tasks not listed in this Job Description but are reasonably associated to the position. The Training Coordinator must show initiative and complete all tasks given by her/his supervisor promptly and to the standard expected. The Training Coordinator can draw on the support and advice of her/his supervisor and colleagues but is nonetheless ultimately responsible for completing the above tasks without being asked. The Training Coordinator must be able to work independently when asked and take initiative to solve problems without being asked. The Training Coordinator must do his/her job without being reminded of routine tasks or requests made by his/her supervisor.
8. Minimum 5 years of experience in designing training, writing manuals, and teaching materials and training and coaching trainers.
9. University or equivalent education in training and/or business administration.
10. At least two years of professional experience with national, international or UN agencies in the field of Training.
11. Experience conducting training needs assessments.
12. Experience conducting training of trainer programs and supervising and developing trainers over time.
13. Experience supervising quality control systems in the translation process.
14. Fluency in Dari, Pashto and English.
15. Excellent trust-building, communication and interpersonal skills.
16. Experience in computers, word processing.
17. Demonstrated commitments to helping people develop self-esteem, develop potential and excel.
18. Ability to learn quickly, strong self-training readiness.
19. Must be self-starter with excellent demonstrated teamwork skills.
1. Knowledge of microfinance operations.
Collect feedback and make necessary adjustments to training materials, curriculum to ensure continued relevance and sustainability of the training activities.