|Date Posted:||Jun 29, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Jul 2, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Education/ Training|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Education (MoE):
The aim of the EQRA Project is “to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.” EQRA introduces a shift from monitoring only the enrollment of students (which also includes attention to students designated as ‘permanently absent’) to focusing on bringing children into school as well as student attendance.
The Education Quality Reform for Afghanistan (EQRA) is fully aligned with the goals of the Afghanistan National Strategic Plan (NESP III). The project is designed to: (A) increase equitable access in disadvantaged districts especially for girls; (B) improve quality of instruction/education service delivery and (C) enhance MoE governance and management capacity. The project focuses on the construction and expansion of schools, provide community-based education to out of school children, reform curriculum for all grades, improve and ensure textbooks delivery to schools, enhance academic supervision, strengthen teacher & /Professional Development Centers (PDCs) quality, improve the execution of the budget, strengthen and increase the use of EMIS, implement capacity building reform, and reform recruitment process for civil service.
The Directorate of Professional Development (DPD) is committed to ongoing support and capacity building of the teachers and school administrators at the national level. The Directorate is also responsible for Supervision of the teaching and administrative activities, monitoring and data collection regarding the academic, administrative, and physical environment of the schools. And it is the responsible body for the development and implementation of the credentialing system. DPD is hiring a training manager to support Early Grade Reading (EGR) teacher training and developing a comprehensive Training Implementation Mechanism to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the program. He/She will lead the EGR training model activities to enhance quality, impact, and efficiency in the training activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Based on the need assessment, the Training Manager will develop training policies, create training manuals, organize training hubs, and develop a comprehensive training implementation mechanism to ensure the actual progress of the program. He/She will manage, support, train, and guide staff including TAs, and will direct their activities. He/She will be responsible for leading and overseeing the EGR teacher training program and being actively involved in other development projects of DPD.
- Providing advice and feedback to DPD Senior management regarding the training, mentoring, and coaching.
- Review of training materials (Training Manuals and resource guides) and provide necessary contents development based on training needs
- Advising on development training materials and ability
- Planning for capacity improvement of the core trainers
- Develop teacher training and implementation plan
- Develop and support mentoring and coaching activities of the EGR training program
- Designing of cascade model ToT training plan of EGR training program
- Develop a Professional Development Center (PDCs) Development strategy and an implementation plan to include faculty development, institution-building, and strengthening PDC management
- Develop and implement a district-level teacher training system to address the training needs of rural areas teachers and female teachers
- Develop and support mentoring and coaching segment of the EGR teacher training program
3. Coordination / Communication / Facilitation
- Coordinate all Teacher Training activities and correspond with PEDs and DEDs for implementation, data collection planning, and analysis of the EGR training program
- Establish and maintain close collaboration with MoE to achieve consistency in overall goal as well as specific objectives of teacher EGR teacher training
- Coordinate the technical assistance available through national and international development partners to enhance the efficiency and sustainability of teacher training activities
- Participate in all DPD program development and coordination meetings, keeping members informed of his/her activities and progress towards achieving the objectives of the EGR program
4. Reporting and Follow up
- Draft monthly, semiannual, and annual training progress report with support from Monitoring and Training Officers.
- Keeping a good record of all documents related to EQRA in DPD.
- Report and present the progress on Teacher Training/EQRA to relevant stakeholders
- Ensure and submit timely periodic reports to relevant stakeholders
- Work closely with the EQRA tracking team in MoE to ensure effective implementation of EQRA.
• EGR training plan developed
• ToT training planned and implemented
• EGR training implemented and the statistics of all trainees are consolidated
• Training aid materials are developed
• Monitoring and coaching activities planned
• Data collection plan for monitoring and student data developed
At least a bachelor’s degree in education, or other related fields (Science, Math, Education Management, Curriculum Development, Social Science). A Master's degree will be preferred.
a. At least 5 years of experience in training management.
b. Must have record and experience of work with International and National organizations
c. Previous experience in teacher training would be an asset
a. Strong computer Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
b. Excellent communication skills in English, Pashto, and Dari languages
c. Proposal and report writing skills
d. Set priorities and manage time effectively
e. Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
a. Effective human resource management skills.
b. Effective Project Management Skills.
c. Good Knowledge of Procurement and Logistics Management.
d. Effective organizational and administrative skills.
e. Be able to communicate effectively both in the written and oral mode.
f. Must be willing to travel throughout Afghanistan.
a. The initial three months will be considered a probationary period after which a formal evaluation will be conducted before the assignment is confirmed.
b. A formal performance evaluation shall be conducted annually jointly by the Ministry of Education leadership and DPD
c. An exit interview will be conducted upon completion of the contract. This exit interview constitutes the condition for final payment
d. Contract extension is subject to fund availability, organization’s need, and satisfactory performance.
a. The recruitment will be done through transparent and competitive processes.
7) Work Conditions
a. The Training Manager will work according to Afghanistan MoE’s and donors' rules and regulations.
b. MoE will provide a proper workstation at the central DPD building.
c. The Training Manager will report to the Director of DPD.