|Date Posted:||May 18, 2020|
|Closing Date:||May 28, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Social Science ,Human Resources,Management,Education/ Training|
|Salary Range:||700 - 1700 USD monthlyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||3 week(s)|
In Afghanistan, we operate as a consultancy firm. We provide management consultancy services, specifically geared to the development sector. Our expertise is in the areas of strategic communications, counselling, consulting, monitoring and evaluation, and research. As a subsidiary of Seefar, we operate under the principles of a social enterprise, which means that our business and corporate values are ultimately geared towards services that help vulnerable people to build a better future. Globally, Seefar specializes in justice, migration and social inclusion. We work in East Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, East Africa, North Africa, the Sahel and Europe. For more information about us, please visit http://seefar.org/about-us
Seefar is implementing an exciting pilot project in Herat and Nangarhar, providing young people with soft skills training and coaching that will increase their proactivity. This particular type of training and coaching programme has been proven to improve participants’ personal and professional lives, with the ability to identify opportunities, plan ahead, foresee challenges, and overcome barriers. The results have shown increased income for participants over the longer term.
To implement this training, Seefar is seeking to hire 12 training recruits based in Herat and Nangarhar provinces. These training recruits will be working under the supervision of the Project Coordinator. They will be invited to Kabul to attend a Train-the-Trainer programme. If successfully certified, training recruits may be offered a contract to deliver training and coaching to participants of the pilot.
The duration of this contract is for three weeks initially, with opportunity to extend if certified. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
● This role will require someone who is smart, resourceful, self-motivated, self-sufficient, interested in hard challenges, highly flexible and adaptable.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Training recruits will be responsible for attending a three-week training and coaching programme in Kabul. An allowance will be provided to cover travel and living expenses.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Nangarhar
An Excellent Candidate
To succeed in this position, you would start with the following:
● 4-year university degree or higher in one of the following fields: (i) entrepreneurship (ii) development sociology or social sciences (iii) human resources (iv) psychology (v) management
● Minimum of 3 years of experience training or coaching businesses in the domains of entrepreneurship, development sociology, social sciences, human resource management, psychology, or management
● Experience in the domain of entrepreneurship
● Availability for the entirety of the mission
● Initiative and ability to adapt
● Ability to motivate participants
● Good communication and pedagogical skills
● Fluent in Dari and/or Pashto
● Experience working with illiterate adults is desirable
Nangarhar (Jalalabad or Kuz Kunar)