|Date Posted:||Jul 24, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About AACS Consulting:
AACS Consulting is a leading professional services and management consulting firm founded in early 2009 and headquartered in Kabul, Afghanistan. A diverse team of national and international experts with combined experience of several decades enables AACS Consulting to provide customized and quality professional services. These services are offered in areas Research and Survey, Monitoring and Evaluation, Business Development, Audit and Tax Advisory, and Inspection and Certifications.
For nearly a decade, AACS Consulting has helped a wide range of government, United Nations, international development, and business institutions maximize on opportunities and overcome business challenges in various areas and industries.
AACS Consulting is hiring 3 Translation and Transcription Officers to translate research and M&E documents from English to Dari or Pashto and vice versa, transcribe audio/video files and handwritten reports/notes from focus group discussions and interviews. The position also includes occasional text summarization and data entry. The ideal candidate will be computer savvy and a fast typist with a keen eye for detail, and excellent transcribing and translation skills.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in translation, transcription and data entry;
· Excellent knowledge of correct spelling, grammar and punctuation;
· Excellent verbal and oral communication and reporting skills;
· Excellent verbal and written English, and Dari/Pashtu;
· Skill of attention to details;
· Skill of maintaining accuracy and speediness;
· Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, manage time and priorities to meet deadlines;
· Comfortable with planning and delivering multiple activities in fast-moving workplace;
· Ability to work as part of a team and to work independently, with minimal supervision;
· Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data;
· Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities under the direct supervision of Research and M&E Services Director/Project Manager.
· Translate research and M&E documents from English to Dari and Pashto and vice versa;
· Transcribe data from audio, video or paper formats;
· Attend focus group discussions to take notes and prepare draft reports;
· Summarize notes and/or reports;
· Verify data by comparing it to source documents;
· Research and obtain further information for incomplete documents;
· Enter survey and M&E data into predesigned database;
· Generate reports, store completed work in designated locations and perform backup operations;
· Organize and file print documents after entering data;
· Perform any other duties assigned by the project management.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor’s Degree in English Language, Journalism, Political Science, Management, Economics, Public Administration, or any other related field;