|Date Posted:||Sep 20, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Sep 24, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||10000 - 20000 USD undefinedUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
MADERA is a French NGO implementing humaniterian aid programs in Afghanistan since 1988. MADERA was registered with Ministry of Economic of Afghanistan in No. 199, 1/2/2006. MADERA implements rural development projects in various fields (Agriculture, Animal Health, Forestry, Horticulture, Civil Engineering, Handicraft, Community Driven Development etc.) in 5 provinces: Wardak, Kunar, Laghman, Nuristan and Ghor. MADERAâ€™s headquarter is located in Kabul while MADERA is also represented at regional and provincial levels through several offices and sub-offices. Finally MADERA general delegation is based in France (Paris).
Assure oral and written translation (English, Dari and Pashto)
ïƒ– To correctly translate documents from English to Pashto / Dari and from Pashto/Dari to English.
ïƒ– To verbally translate from English to Pashto/ Dari and from Pashto/ Dari to English accurately and efficiently.
ïƒ– To stay available 7days per week to assist the expert during field trips, visit, meeting (Laghman, Kunar, Nangarhar, and Kaboul)
ïƒ– To take part to staff meetings, trainings and report
Duties & Responsibilities:
Assure oral and written translation (English and Pashto/ Dari)
- Travel with expert to the field and provide correct oral translations
- Take part to meetings on the demand of the expert (briefing / debriefing / programmationâ€¦) and to bring all necessary information
- Translate meetings with MADERA staff and different partners
- Translate document given by expert
- Translate work related documents using Microsoft word and other relevant computer programs.
Assist expert as needed at the office and during field visits
- The field visit can be organized the day off, the translator is available 7 days per week.(all extra hours will be pay)
- Travel, meetings, visits will be organized in all the provinces of intervention (Laghman, Kunar, Nangarhar and Kabul) according the security condition. The translator should always accompany the expert, it may be absent several days from his place of resident and sleeping in Maderaâ€™s bases (Kunar, Laghman, Kabul)
The list above is not exhaustive and can evolve during the mission.
- Area of expertise and capabilities: Languages
- Minimal education level required: High school
- Professional experiences required:
- Languages: English, Pashto, Dari
- Computer Sciences: Yes (Microsoft office, internet)
- Other(s): Good level of communication
- Behaviors: Active, pleasant manners, honesty, Good communication skills, Ability to meet deadlines
- Personal qualities: Diplomacy, sense of organization, ability to negotiate and work under pressure, very active and committed to achieve objectives.