|Date Posted:||Mar 24, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Mar 30, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
Reporting to the Director of Prevention Department, the Translator will be part of a research project team assigned to study the procedure for issuing construction permits at the Kabul Municipality (operating from HoO) and develop recommendations for reform and simplification of the procedure. He/she will work closely with assessment and data collection team and an international consultant translation of information and documents.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the Prevention Department of the High Office of Oversight, the Translator will be part of a research project team assigned to study and reform the Construction Permit Issuing process. The duties and responsibilities will include:
1. Translate documents e.g. laws, regulations, guidelines, manuals, from Dari and Pashto to English and vice versa.
2. Work with an international consultant in producing reports, presentations and analysis.
3. Write letters to government institutions during the research period when required
4. Provide interpretation services during meetings, conferences and information sessions
5. Translate formal and informal correspondences exchanged between the High Office and other state institutions during the research period
6. Maintain proper records of documents and files translated
7. Assist the data analysis team in data entry, analysis, preparing reports, etc
8. Any other tasks as assigned by the Research Team Coordinator.
1. University degree in Literature or any relevant field
2. Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in formal translation and interpretation.
3. Fluency in Dari, Pashto and knowledge of English language is required (writing and reading).
4. Ability to work long hours when required
5. Ability to work independently and as an effective team member
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
8. Strong ability to prioritize workload and meet simultaneous and competing deadlines and
Strong communication and organization skills.
9. Highly motivated self starter and able to work with minimal supervision.