|Date Posted:||May 19, 2020|
|Closing Date:||May 26, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Equal Access International:
Background: Founded in 2000, Equal Access International (EAI) is a non-governmental organization (NGO) with headquarter in Washington, D.C. that helps communities around the world drive sustainable and transformative change with our proven participatory media, technology, and outreach model. By designing solutions with communities, our programming is locally owned and culturally resonant. We build communication ecosystems that take root and thrive, create platforms that elevate marginalized voices, and build locally led movements that shift power, inspire change, and promote creative, positive, and innovative solutions to social issues.
Working in the practice areas of Peacebuilding & Transforming Extremism and Governance & Civic Engagement, while interweaving the cross-cutting areas of Championing Gender Equality & Women’s Empowerment and Participatory Media & Technology, we currently implement our community-based approaches in Afghanistan, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Cote D’Ivoire, Kenya, Mali, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Philippines and Somalia.
The Translator will translated all EAA scripts ,stories and other documents that needed to translate he/she will work closely with other technical staff including the Project Managers.
Job Categories: Program
Minimum Education Level: Minimum Bachelor degree in Literature / (Masters in relevant field are preferred)
Vacancy Number: 23/2020
Organization: Equal Access International
Duty Station: Kabul
Duration: One year (3/months probationary)
Salary Range: Based on NTA salary scale
Announcing Date: May-19 -2020
Closing Date: May-26 -2020
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full Time
Shift: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Job Status: Interviewing
Experience: Minimum 4- 5 Years
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Translation of contents of the script, field data & reports.
• Translation of EA Projects` feedback and success stories
• Translation of recorded dialogues of listening circles, focus group discussions, feedback forms, invitations, field reports, official correspondence and related documents from Pashto into English and vice versa.
• Excellent planning skills with the ability to rapidly respond to ad-hoc requirements
• Helping the Management and M&E departments with translations.
• Any other Task assigned by the supervisor.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
• Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Minimum Bachelor degree in Literature, /Masters in relevant field are preferred
• Experience in translation document, field report.
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills;
• Excellent English writing skill with fluency in speaking of Dari/ Pashtu.
• IT skills, in particular Word, PowerPoint and email and internet;
Must be able to function effectively in a fluid, loosely structured, but complex work environment and to set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements