|Date Posted:||Aug 29, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Sep 14, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghan United Bank:
Afghan United Bank is a local bank, licensed by the Afghanistan Central Bank in 2007. Currently this bank has 10 branches across the country. The bank provides various banking products to its clients and customers including Islamic Banking. According to the mid-term strategy of the bank, the branch network and operation of this company will be expanded rapidly in the coming 1 year time. For more information kindly visit: www.aub.af or www.afghanunitedbank.com
This role is for that of a highly autonomous and experienced professional with advanced linguistic skills in both Dari/Pashto and English languages. Under minimal direction, plans his/her translation workload to complete projects with very tight deadlines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Translation of government correspondence from Dari/Pashto to English or vice versa.
2. Translation of companyâ€™s official documents from Dari/Pashto to English or vice versa.
3. Drafting of official correspondences.
4. Executing grammatical review on documents.
5. Other job related duties as required by the management.
1. University graduated in literature or linguistic.
2. At least 2 years translation experience.
3. Proficiency in English, Dari and Pashto languages.
4. Excellent drafting and grammatical skills.
5. Proficiency in the use of a range of computer packages, including knowledge of translation-oriented applications and software.
6. Fast typing skill.
7. Able to work autonomously.
8. Attention to detail combined with the ability to work quickly to meet deadlines.