|Date Posted:||Jun 8, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jun 16, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghanistan Workforce Development Program:
Creative Associates International, Inc. (Creative) is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm has field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. The overarching goal of Afghanistan Workforce Development Program (AWDP) is to increase job placements, salaries/wages and self-employment opportunities for Afghan men and women through the provision of market-driven skills training, business training and linkages to credit, business development support and job placement services.
Working under the supervision of the Training, Learning and Development Manager, with overall management from the Head of Division - Programs, the incumbent translate accurately the e-learning courses’ materials from English to Dari. This is a short-term and full time translator position within AWDP office that is responsible to timely deliver the following majors:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Translate written e-learning courses’ materials from English to Dari and submit the translation in Word processed documents that must be editable. The translated documents must be accurate in terms of terms and terminologies used in the e-learning courses’ materials,
2. Provide high quality translation documents and must ensure the translated documents is arranged and written with correct style, correct grammar and correct spelling,
3.Complete the assigned translation documents within the given and agreed timeframe which will help to be uploaded in appropriate time on the Performance Management Information System (PMIS),
4. Edit the translated documents similar to the original English version,
5.Other tasks and responsibilities come from management.
1. At least bachelor degree in linguistics, economics, social science, political science degree in the relevant areas along with at least three years experiences in translation,
2. Master degree preferable with at least two years experiences.
1. Good understanding of technical terms used in the areas of e-learning materials and academic documents, human resources development,
2. Proven skills in translation from English into Dari,
3. Excellent written communication skills.