|Date Posted:||Feb 10, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 19, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft fÃ¼r Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is all about. Established on 1 January 2011, it brings together under one roof the long-standing expertise of the Deutscher Entwicklungsdienst (DED) gGmbH (German Development Service), the Deutsche Gesellschaft fÃ¼r Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) GmbH (German Technical Cooperation) and Inwent â€“ Capacity Building International, Germany. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
1. Collecting of documents related to settlement of the travel expenses for both National and International Personnel.
Duties & Responsibilities:
2. Settlement of the travel claims for both National and International Personnel as per set rules and regulation of GIZ.
3. Following up on pending issues through email, telephone and in person.
4. Registering of the travel claims in the system.
5. Making copies of the travel claims for office record.
6. Submission of finalized travel claims to cashier for payment.
7. Keeping update filing system of the travel claims.
8. Preparing monthly report of the travel claims and sending them to headquarters.
9. Consulting National and International staff concerning travel claim procedures in general.
ï‚§ Formal professional certificate/diploma.
ï‚§ At least 3 years of working experience in a similar position
ï‚§ Excellent command of MS-Office
ï‚§ Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems (telephone, fax, e-mail, internet and its software)
ï‚§ Language skills, fluency in the local languages and English.
Have the ability to work under pressure.
Have Excellent Communication Skills.