|Date Posted:||Jul 10, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 16, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAFG|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Public Health:
The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) is tasked with a critical mandate; to deliver and promote sustainable and accessible health care services to the people of Afghanistan. Social and economic advancement can only be realized in a thriving and healthy society. The success of the MoPH is heavily driven in its ability to plan and use allocated resources effectively. Effective financial management is therefore critical for sustainable development and is the primary tool that translates the MoPH development strategies into noticeable outcomes or service delivery. Good governance and democratic accountability relies on transparent management of the MoPH budget. Therefore, ineffective financial management undermines the effectiveness and efficiency of development interventions and hinders the country’s progress towards improved and sustainable health care. MoPH finance directorate is going through a reform process and after reviewing the structure of finance directorates of other line ministries such as MRRD, MoE and MAIL, has proposed a new and standard structure that is approved by MoPH leadership, for this purpose MoPH needs a qualified staff as head of coordination and reporting unite, to take the responsibility of overall coordination and financial reporting of MoPH.
Responsibilities of triage officer includes but not limited to regular check-up, admission, registration of patients and referring them to the suitable ward in consideration to the patient condition.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Obtain brief medical history of patient arrives to emergency care unit.
2. Register patient in emergency care unit’s registration book.
3. Allocate new Registration numbers for patients.
4. Responsible for ensuring all data entered in hospital systems is correct and updated.
5. Coordinate transfer of patients from the “field” to the appropriate treatment areas.
6. Request personnel and equipment as needed to transfer patients to treatment area.
7. Print patient identification labels for all patients, collate appropriate paperwork and deliver file to the appropriate patient care area.
8. Contact Health Information Services to order patient records for patient in Emergency Care Unit. Retrieve medical records after hours as required
9. Contribute to the total health care needs and expectations of clients.
10. Assist patients and visitors when suitable i.e. provide wheelchairs and directions.
11. Allow access of visitors to Emergency Care Unit after checking with clinical staff or patient.
12. Assist the Head Nurse and Admin Assistant with clerical duties as required.
13. Ensuring that the Reception area is fully stocked in terms of stationary and other consumable items necessary to perform the work in the area and attend to general appearance and presentation.
14. Ensuring knowledge and skills related to processes, procedures and computer systems remain up to date and support other team members and associates in their development/knowledge.
15. Participate actively in the training of new employees and trainees.
16. Participate in preparation of action plan for implementation of standards and participate in quarterly review session of the ICU standards.
17. Participate actively in the infection prevention of Emergency Ward and hospital.
18. Perform other related tasks assigned by supervisor.
19. Responsible for ICU In-charge.
1. Medical Degree from a recognized university , Specialist of Medicine or Surgery, anesthesiology, is preferable
2. At least one year working experience in clinical field
3. Strong communication skill.
4. Good interaction and pleasant behavior with patients, clients and colleagues.
5. Very good knowledge of Pashto and Dari and Language (written and spoken)
6. Good knowledge of English language
7. Basic computer (Ms. Office) skills.
8. Physical ability of performing duty in assigned ward
1. Strong communication skill.
2. Basic computer (Ms. Office) skills.