|Date Posted:||May 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 28, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Computer Science|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
About TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN:
Turquoise Mountain is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. We seek to provide jobs, skills, and a renewed sense of national pride to Afghan men and women. Since 2006 Turquoise Mountain has cleared 35,000 cubic meters of rubbish from the streets, restored or built 150 historic and community buildings, created a primary school and a clinic, and installed water, electricity and sanitation through the historic traditional craft neighborhood of Murad Khani in the old city of Kabul. It has created the internationally-accredited Institute for Afghan Arts & Architecture, training the next generation of craftsmen and women in woodwork, jewelry and gem cutting, calligraphy and miniature painting, and ceramics. Finally, it has sold over US$ 7,000,000 of Afghan artisan products internationally.
Turquoise Mountain is embarking on a four-year program with the support of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). This program aims to create 5,000 jobs in the carpet and jewelry value-chains in Afghanistan and facilitate the sale of US$20,000,000 worth of Afghan carpet and jewelry products to international markets. The program will build the technical capacity of those active in both value-chains, improve working conditions and ensure environmental standards, raise awareness about production abilities in Afghanistan, improve order fulfilment, and increase exports of higher-margin carpet and jewelry products, thereby increasing income-generating opportunities for thousands of Afghans.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assisting the IT officer in Implementation, Maintenance, Upgrade, and Troubleshooting of TM’s IT setup and systems including but not limited to computer network/s & relevant equipment’s & peripherals, , personal computers, printers, multimedia projectors, , internet equipment’s & connection/s, software & applications, UPS/s systems, security camera system and other related equipment’s and services.
· Assisting the IT Officer in Assembling, disassembling, service, maintenance, troubleshooting, and installation of all IT hardware including but not limited to computers, printers, scanners, multimedia projectors, UPS/s and other IT equipment’s as/if required.
· Assisting the IT officer in Installation, maintenance, update and troubleshooting of all computers related applications and software including but not limited to operating systems, firmware, updates, and all other applications.
· Assisting the IT officer in setup and Installation of required multimedia projector/s, sound system/s, computer/s, and other devices required during the events and gatherings in TM’s and/or other project offices.
· Assisting the IT officer in Tracking, management, supervision and organization of the TM’s IT stock/store and all the IT assets and inventory in TM’s
· Keeping close coordination and communication on all relevant IT issues and matters with the IT manager and the entire IT team.
· Any other relevant duties and tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Candidate must be Bachelor or at least last year student of Computer Science (Specialized in Network).
· No prior experience required.
· Able to communicate in Dari, Pashto & English.
· Good knowledge of computer network and computer hardware installation, setup, assembling, disassembling, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairing.
· Strong organizational, conceptual, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to work efficiently and cooperatively within a team and independently.
· Able to work in stressful condition to undertake multitasking responsibilities.
Candidates should submit their CVs with Cover Letter to: email@example.com by no later than May 28, 2019. In the subject line of the e-mail, please mention – IT Intern + last name.
Kindly combine CV and Cover Letter as one pdf document and avoid sending us certificates and other heavy sized documents.