|Date Posted:||Jul 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 8, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Moraa Educational Complex:
Moraa Educational Complex (MEC) is a comprehensive and all-inclusive educational center for women in Afghanistan. MEC is the first leading, the biggest conspicuous and the most unique educational complex in the history of Afghanistan. MEC offers a practical and secure environment in which girls and young women can be educated according to Islamic and Afghan values, to high educational standards based on modern teaching methods
The chancellor is the leader of the Moraa university, who holds the highest academic position & responsible for overseeing faculty and student body & watching over the programs and activities of the whole university. She has been given great responsibility including the financial status and general well-being of the institution.
· Knowledge and understanding of applicable legislation, standards, policies, and procedures within the specialty area.
· Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
· Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
· Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
· Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills in English required.
· Strong attention to detail & decision-making skills
· The ability to communicate, negotiate, analyze, elaborate and present reports and statements
· Time/Stress management skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office software; Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
· Ability to do technical Documentation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· The specific duties and responsibilities of the Chancellor are to:
· Serves as the leader of the education & academic development team, providing guidance on institutional priorities, strategically planning;
· Serve as the public face of university & meeting with internal and external constituents, provide and giving speeches to a large or small group of people; represent the University in an official capacity at external functions from time to time and advance the University’s mission through her role as an ambassador;
· Provide leadership and advice in fundraising campaigns and in relations with donors & actively involve cultivating donor relationships and crafting requests for major financial gifts;
· Act as an ambassador for the University, promoting its activities in the wider community and, in particular, assisting with the philanthropic activity and fundraising projects of the University.
· Represent the University at such events as shall be deemed appropriate by the Chancellor in consultation with the University Administration
· Ensure that every facet of the university is efficient and effective include oversight of the physical campus, academic planning, policy review and development, personnel matters and regular review of academic programs and student services;
· Provide leadership, academic and administrative to the whole University; prepare and recommend changes to academic curriculum;
· Design & develop policies, administrative guidelines, monitor & evaluate, control & execute all academic issues within the university;
· Secure a financial base sufficient to allow the delivery of the University's mission, aims, and objectives;
· Support and promote the mission and values of the University;
· Promote and further the strategic goals and ambitions of the University;
· Participate in institutional planning, policy and procedure development and problem resolution with the President and other senior officers, including researching, reviewing and making recommendations on new or revised policies and strategies and on intra-departmental or inter-departmental issues, and if required, serving on university planning and policy-making committees.
· Maintain working relationships across the university community, specifically with the Faculty Deans, University executive officers, University External Relations personnel and the faculty members of the MEC
· Liaise with Human Resource regarding all University staffing issues including job descriptions, reclassifications, performance evaluations, payroll records, and staff management issues.
· Carry out certain important ceremonial and civic duties, cultural programs;
· Provides leadership to the executive vice chancellors, vice chancellors, deans, faculty, students, and staff.
· Giving direction to the university’s academic and institutional officers provide university-wide management in such areas as academic policy, planning, and business affairs; faculty, student, and staff affairs; legislative policy; institutional research; legal affairs; capital planning; and university relations and development.
· Participate in the governance of the University as a member of the Board of Directors
· Crises management & Knowing how to manage issues internally and externally, take appropriate steps to avoid conflicts of interest or the appearance of conflicts of interest between financial or other personal interests and the goals and policies of the university.
· Preside at convocation ceremonies and confer all degrees and diplomas;
· Host, attend or preside at other special events of the University;
· Take reports and summaries from the head of each particular department, analyzing the reports & give proper advice to them.
· Do everything in order to make the university run smoothly as possible.
The Chancellor shall directly report to the Managing Director/President Ability to gather data compiles information and prepares reports.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· MD Master’s or Specialists, or Master’s in Administration, Leadership or related field.