|Date Posted:||Jul 2, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 22, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
We are looking for a competent Unix/Linux System Administrator who will be responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring the infrastructure The Unix/Linux System Administrator is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations. The Unix/Linux System Administrator will help system upgrades to the current infrastructure, maintain all computer operating systems to current patch levels, install products as needed and perform security hardening of systems. Interact with networking and databases. Growth opportunities exist with future efforts to visualize the current infrastructure. Ability to troubleshoot problems via a console on a server or workstation. Provides reliable, high availability services. Optimizes server infrastructure to achieve high performance and cost-efficiencies for virtual and non-virtual systems. Improves sociability, surge, and automation capabilities. The full-time systems administrators would be following initial consulting role to manage and maintain mixed server environment (Windows/Unix/Linux), ensuring 99.9% or better up time. Evaluate, monitor and enhance IT infrastructure with an emphasis on availability, reliability, sociability, security, data confidentiality and system integrity.
The position will be responsible for Unix/Linux Server Management within the system environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
•Maintains UNIX/Linux Operating System to provide optimum performance and system availability.
•Supports software vendor to ensure application software is installed correctly and all current maintenance levels have been applied.
•Creates and maintains environment for running batch jobs associated with daily batch cycle and batch reporting subsystem.
• Works with LAN personnel to ensure compatibility with LAN applications and peripheral hardware to provide end users with reliable and stable working environment.
• Supports and maintains other vendor database software installed on the LAN servers
•Perform installs, tests, and maintains Linux/ Unix Server environment and supported software systems
•Defining and tracking metrics and key performance indicators to raise the bar in team performance and customer service
•Reduce errors working with the Unix/Linux System Administrator through process improvement and root cause analysis
•Keeps up to date with current trends and be prepared to help make recommendations
•Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure
•Assist with designing and developing infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools
•Assist developing test automation frameworks in collaboration with team
• Create tools to help teams make the most out of the available infrastructure
• Participate in engagements that have a strong business & technology focus
• Good knowledge about the Linux system files, boot process and Run levels
•Experience in Linux OS installation, Software and Patch management
Notice of Revision: The terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Five years of experience providing in Unix/Linux System Administration and LAN support in Unix/Linux environment and other recommended operating systems.
· Excellent Skill set with system and application monitoring tools like SNMP or Nagios
· Understanding of Storage technologies like FC, NFS or iSCSI
· Working exposure to networked storage (SAN, NAS) concepts
· Knowledge of the Linux kernel and kernel modules
· Familiarity with open source tools, monitoring systems, hardware troubleshoot, tracking, resolution, and routine maintenance with security updates
· Understanding of hardware and software RAID building and configuration is desirable
· Ability to install software packages and patches.
· Perform OS tuning, understand networking, perform user management, perform security hardening, review OS logs as needed, and perform system backups.
· Candidates would have experience with scripting, particularly in shell scripting experience with SH and CSH variants, Korn shell would be helpful.
· Experience with administering Red Hat Linux or Unix based systems.
· Experience with Linux/ Unix servers in virtualized environments.
· Strong Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux/Unix scripting languages.
· Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Bind, Apache, MySQL, nginx, etc
· Familiarity with load balancing firewalls, etc
· Experienced in writing scripts (bash and perl) to automate administration functions
· Technically proficient at installing, configuring, and maintaining UNIX (both in a physical and virtual environment)
· Must have strong team skills and a customer-support background handling complex hardware and software systems
· Must have excellent computer and customer service skills, strong verbal communication skills, efficient organizational skills and the ability to multi- task in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
· Proficiency in English
· Primary Point-of-Contact for UNIX/Linux issues
· Must have experience with most of the following technologies Linux (Suse, Redhat, CentOS.
BSc/ in IT, Computer Science or relevant field with at least 5 years of relevant experience.