|Date Posted:||Oct 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Oct 24, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
About Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL):
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development to communities
The General Directorate of Natural Resources Management is one of the key directorates of the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock. The vision of General Directorate of Natural Resources Management is to ensure sustainable economic development of communities depend on natural resources (Forest, Rangelands, natural vegetation, and ecological areas), create green environment, conserve soil, water and protect biodiversity. Thus, the mission of General Directorate of Natural Resources Management is restoration, protection, conservation, and improvement of forest, rangeland, natural vegetation and ecological areas, introducing prudent utilization approaches and mechanisms, watersheds management and soil conservation, combat desertification and improve ecological balance; resultant to reduced natural disasters, healthy environment, agriculture and livestock sector development and food security.
The Kabul Greenbelt Project is one of the initiatives of General Directorate of Natural Resources Management, and it's overall goal is to establishment 10000 ha greenbelt by plantation of ornamental forestry saplings, restore and rehabilitate grasslands to improve urban greenery in the Kabul city in order to reduce air pollutions, create green areas and improve bio-diversity. Moreover, this project will directly and indirectly impact on health and economic status of Kabul citizens.
The incumbent shall effectively and efficiently implementation Kabul Greenbelt Project at field level, which includes from project survey, design, tree and grasses plantation, operations and maintenance, supervision, monitoring, and timely-based reporting.
Provinces to travel:
. Excellent communication and English-writing skills.
. Skills, competency with MS Office packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Site identification, selection and need assessment, develop a clear site plan / management plan for the area from different aspects such as greenery, engineering, management, and operation and maintenance.
2. Timely implementation of the project operations that includes field survey, designs, field work, monitoring and reporting.
3. Prepare specifications for tree and grasses plantations in areas, maintenance, treatment and planting programs.
4. Implements plans, strategies and programs to conserve, preserve and proliferate the urban canopy
5. Plans, coordinates and prioritizes the work of contractors and greenbelt field staff at field level.
6. Utilizes GIS technologies for projects identification, design, and urban forest improvement
7. Develop concept notes and proposals for expansion of the project to new areas.
8. Monitor activities with clear indicators of input, process and output.
9. Enhance participatory-based Kabul Greenbelt Project implementation, work with local peoples/communities, increase their awareness, form association, build trust, and facilitate project implementation and maintenance through communities.
10. Evolve innovative methodologies and approached for participatory based implementation and management of the urban greenery project, produce technical guidelines, operation and maintenance manual, training manual for communities.
11. Landscaping, plant and maintain trees, and shrubs,
12. Performs complete tree risk assessments and schedules applicable maintenance depending on level of risk found on tress.
13. Enters all tree maintenance data into a database to track costs and develop replanting and follow up inspection plans for trees.
14. Mange operation of specialized power, water supply equipment and hand equipment.
15. Follows all occupational safety, health, and environmental standards.
16. Record and maintain daily activity reports
Other relevant activities as assigned
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
. Bachelor Degree in Forestry, Natural Resources Management, and Environment, Master Degree in relevant filed will be preferred
2. 4 years of work experience in the field of Natural Resources and Forestry Project Management.
3. Thorough knowledge of professional urban forestry, arboricultural procedures and practices including tree risk assessments.
4. Knowledge of methods, tools, occupational hazards and risks associated with tree removal, pruning, and treatment in the urban landscape.
5. Knowledge of tree diseases and pests and those agents usable for proper treatment.
6. Ability to lead and the work activities of co-workers and contract personnel.
7. The candidate should demonstrate high level of project management, planning,