|Date Posted:||Jun 30, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 10, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||4 month(s)|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL):
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development to communities.
The General Directorate of Natural Resources Management is one of the key directorates of the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock. The vision of General Directorate of Natural Resources Management is to ensure sustainable economic development of communities depend on natural resources (Forest, Rangelands, natural vegetation, and ecological areas), create green environment, conserve soil, water and protect biodiversity. Thus, the mission of General Directorate of Natural Resources Management is restoration, protection, conservation, and improvement of forest, rangeland, natural vegetation and ecological areas, introducing prudent utilization approaches and mechanisms, watersheds management and soil conservation, combat desertification and improve ecological balance; resultant to reduced natural disasters, healthy environment, agriculture and livestock sector development and food security.
The Kabul Greenbelt Project is one of the initiatives of General Directorate of Natural Resources Management, and it's overall goal is to establishment 10000 ha greenbelt by plantation of ornamental forestry saplings, restore and rehabilitate grasslands to improve urban greenery in the Kabul city in order to reduce air pollutions, create green areas and improve bio-diversity. Moreover, this project will directly and indirectly impact on health and economic status of Kabul citizens
The incumbent shall practically operate at field of greenery for irrigating, planting, maintenance of trees and plantations, do not allow disturbance, operate machines/pipes for irrigation and/or turning and pruning of trees, and maintain farm office, tools and equipment’s
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Timely implementation of the project operations that includes plantations, irrigation, maintenance of the trees, bushes, etc.
2. Landscaping, plant and maintain trees, and shrubs, and identify risk for plantations
3. Plans and prioritizes the work of plantation at field based on the specific characteristic of each plant.
4. Monitor plantations of trees and grasses, inspect from works of labors, and record the plantations.
5. Good social behavior and attract people in communities to support in maintenance, work with local peoples/communities, increase their awareness, build trust.
6. Operate and maintenance of specialized power, water supply scheme and equipment and hand equipment for propose of greenery.
7. Follows all occupational safety, health, and environmental standards.
8. Record and maintain daily activity reports.
9. Other relevant activities as assigned.
· The incumbent is expected to produce a clear plan of action and report to the line manager.
1. Bachelor’s degree from Agriculture / Engineering departments.
2. Professional skills in tree plantations and design/implementation of traces, check dams, pounds and irrigation and maintenance of green area.
3. Skills in tree diseases and pests control.
4. Ability to lead workers and labors.
5. Ability to prepare and implement field plan and propose new items for planning.
6. Some basic skills of MS Office.