|Date Posted:||Jun 24, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 8, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade EAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
DAI is implementing the USAID funded Afghanistan Competitiveness of Export-Oriented Businesses Activity (ACEBA) Program. The objective of this program is to enhance capacities of Afghan exporters and micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) associated with export-oriented value chains, such as carpets, marble and granite, precious stones and jewelry, textiles, and cashmere as a means of promoting sustainable economic growth and increasing employment.
The Value Chain Assistant will coordinate closely with Value Chain Managers, especially in the Gemstone and Natural Stone sectors, and provide hands-on support with activity implementation. S/he will also assist with tracking the implementation status of activities and grants implemented by Value Chain Managers and coordinate closely with HQ based Grants and Subcontracts Implementation Managers to ensure that activity delivery mechanisms are developed, issued, and approved on time, and that implementation milestones are met within each value chain.
S/he will be based in the Jalalabad Regional Office, with travel to Kabul and other regions as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
OBJECTIVE AND DUTIES:
• Serve as the central point of contact for referrals of businesses and associations seeking assistance through ACEBA, and ensure inquiries are properly routed;
• Research and identify opportunities for ACEBA to engage with businesses in the extractive sector, visiting businesses and providing information regarding ACEBA programming.
• Assist VC Managers to build relationships with businesses, and monitor progress on activity and grant implementation. Schedule and participate in weekly check-ins, site visits, and ensure businesses receive good support in coordination with VC Managers;
• Assist VC Managers with activity and grants development, implementation, and monitoring;
• Assist VC Managers in providing support to applicants in the collaboration phase of grant applications, coordinating and communicating with interested applicants;
• Coordinate with Grants Officer to track grant implementation schedules and inform VC Managers of any bottlenecks or challenges to ensure milestones are completed on time;
• Support activities of STTA advisors, and coordinate with operations and security teams to ensure advance planning and timely execution of activities;
• Coordinate with staff in Kabul HQ in the implementation of value chain activities, reporting, and troubleshooting;
• Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years’ relevant experience or 5 overall years of experience in a related field.
• Experience working in the Afghanistan extractive industries (gemstones and/or natural stone).
• Must be able to travel to natural stone extraction sites in Helmand, Kandahar, Ghazni, Nangarhar, and gemstone mining sites in Jegdalek, Kunar, and Nuristan.
• An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus.
• Fluency Dari and/or Pashto required; basic English communication skills desired.
• The position is based in Jalalabad Regional Office and reports to the Regional Export and Acceleration Director.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Nangarhar
To apply: Please send your CV & Covering letter to below email address and include Value Chain Assistant - Jalalabad in the subject line of the application
Note: Applications without specific subject line will not be considered