|Date Posted:||Mar 19, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Mar 30, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL):
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development to communities
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is one of the ministries of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, working on the development and modernization of agriculture, livestock and horticulture sector in the country. Agriculture is a main source of livelihood of about 80 percent of the country’s population, therefore MAIL is the institution that’s continually working to improve, agriculture production, increase yields, and crop farming across the country. The ministry has been working through various programs in the field of agriculture, livestock, horticulture and cereal crops to support the farmers, manage natural resources, and strengthen agricultural economics.
MAIL has recently developed a program which emphasis on improvement of oil crops value chain/production in the country focusing on its production, processing, increase yield, and capacitate oil crops producers to increase oil crops’ yield and oil production in the country
Providing and preparation of industrial and oil crops’ value chain analysis.
Provinces to travel:
Ø Familiarity with Afghan agriculture and markets
Ø Other skills (Short courses and training relevant to the job)
• Full knowledge of one of the official languages of the country (Pashto or Dari).
• Working knowledge of English and fair capacity to write technical reports in English.
• Professional and management skills.
• Task-based computer programs knowledge (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Analyzing and preparing the value chain of industrial and oil crops.
2. Asses industrial and oil crops value chain’s problems, challenges and propose applicable solutions.
3. Providing solutions to increase the quality and quantity of oil processing crops.
4. Providing methods to reduce production and processing’s cost of industrial and oil crops.
5. Introducing utilization of new technologies for industrial and oil crops processing.
6. Analyse and provide solutions for industrial and oil crops distribution and marketing chain development.
7. Provide ways to bring together all involved bodies of industrial and oil crops producers and processors and collaborating in its implementation.
8. Coordination and facilitation of signing contracts between producers, processors and buyers of industrial and oil crops.
9. Investigate problems, challenges and proposed solutions for better supply and demand of oil crops in Afghanistan.
10. Assess training needs for staff in all areas of oil seed value chain development such as agribusiness development, production, post-harvest management and processing.
11. Training of industrial and oil crops processors and employees.
12. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports and send to relevant authorities.
13. Liaise with relevant stakeholders in the development of training packages on oil seeds value chain development for specific target groups (farmers, millers, processors, etc.)
14. Perform any other relevant duties as may be instructed by the supervisor in accordance with the laws, regulation, and goals of the organization.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Ø Minimum level of education: (M.Sc. in Agriculture and preference will be given to the Agribusiness/Extension, pass graduates in the mentioned field)
Ø Required Experience: (Minimum of five-year relevant experience Value chain )
- The interested candidates should submit their resume along with a cover letter to Human Resource Directorate of Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) as follows.
- Subject line must be (Value Chain Expert (Oil crops) re-announced) otherwise application will NOT be considered.
- Candidate’s educational degree must be attested with ministry of higher education of Afghanistan otherwise we will not accept the application in short listing process.
- No resumes will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter, the position title, and the vacancy number in the subject line of the email
- Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered
Note: The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
Only short listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for written test and interview.