|Date Posted:||Mar 22, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 22, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Information Technology,Telecome Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 4 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Smart Telecom Co, Ltd:
Smart Telecom is the leading Technology Solutions and Service Provider in Afghanistan established in year 2009.
Our Major concern is to provide complete satisfaction of our clients by offering outstanding solution and services and that’s why Smart Telecom recognized its role since establishment in providing Solutions & Services to Afghanistan Network Operators, International Technology equipment, Service providers, Government and to Non-government organizations.
With our comprehensive services, technological expertise and proven methodology, Smart Telecom has been consistently Delivering reliable and innovative solutions and services to the Network Operators and International leading Telecom Vendors in Afghanistan.
Below are the main Tasks and responsibilities of required VAS Engineer:
Requires travel to provinces:
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Honest, Initiative & Team work
· Planning and organizing
· Scheduling and monitoring
· Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Mobilizes smooth operation of VAS nodes; testing and integration of new NE with the existing network.
2. Maintains and troubleshoots different services of IVR, CRBT and other VAS Solutions.
3. Takes care of all VAS related servers including their connectivity with all the other nodes.
4. Generates, updates, documents and maintains all types VAS related reports.
5. Reports any critical issues and outages to the concerned teams.
6. Supervise maintenance of all VAS services i.e., nodes (SMSC, USSD, IVR, CRBTs, etc) in the network.
7. To Handle VAS new projects from initiation till closing including Installations, Integrations, coordinating with Operations, UATs and others.
8. Supervise the development of new VAS services in coordination with the customer Marketing department; this involves developing the flow of the service, configuring, carrying out the internal UATs and then the external UATs according to product nodes in consultation with Marketing.
9. Provide guidance and implementation for project delivery and upgrades, prepare implementation plan and call review meeting for Service Provisioning.
10. Carry out the service configuration, activation and developing according to the plan for Service Provisioning
11. Fulfill the capacity expansion of VAS platforms in term of hardware upgrades, external hard drives, E1 upgrades, external cards, etc.
12. Coordinate and follow-up issues with VAS MS team regarding tickets.
13. Monitor KPIs of MS Team; ensure they are fulfilling task requirement
14. Perform additional duties assigned by immediate supervisor from time to time
15. Prepare Dari / Pashtu / English scripts of VAS service as per SMS Promotion
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Sciences, Telecommunication.
· Experience of supporting Value Added Services platforms in an Operational environment.
· Hardware Installations and Configuration of Servers & Switches.
· Unix/Linux Knowledge
· Problem solving and trouble shooting skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access programs.
· Strong Communication skills in English, Dari & Pashtu
· Ability to work under pressure and cope with deadlines
· Capable of fast Typing English and Dari and Pashtu.
Candidates should submit their CV and cover letter to the following email address: email@example.com
In the subject line of email please mention Position Title “VAS Engineer”.