|Date Posted:||Sep 24, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Sep 29, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Functional Area:||Service Management,Customer Service|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Hotel Intercontinental kabul:
Hotel Inter-Continental Kabul was inaugurated officially on 09th September 1969. The hotel is situated on a hill top; with eye-catching vies of Kabul city, Bagh-e- bala “Amir abdurahman’s summer palace” and the Hindo Kush mountain Range.
The hotel Inter-Continental Kabul is fully air-conditioned and centrally heated. All the rooms are completely equipped with modern facilities like private baths/shower, 21 inch TV in each room with 70 international channels includes of BBC and CNN news, Radio and telephone.
We are looking for a courteous and professional Banquet waiter to be responsible for greeting, assisting, and serving guests at weddings, special functions and events. The Banquet waiter will help assist with event planning, preparation, and clean up, serve guests, and respond to questions, complaints, and requests. Additionally work as a team to follow through with the proper and timely set-up and execution of banquet events.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Banquet waiter responsibilities:
1. Run food from the kitchen to the banquet hall on demand
2. Assist with food and table prep before the event begins
3. Serve plated dinners to guests and respond to requests for beverages, appetizers and other needs
4. Communicate with banquet supervisor as well as other waiters and event organizers
5. Serve beverages
6. Clean up venue after event ends and assist with inventory, food storage and other closeout task
7. Attend all pre-shift meetings to ensure events flow smoothly
8. Be in communication with the Banquet Captain regarding any special needs.
9. Assist in ensuring that each events are on time as per the banquet event course.
10. Make required adjustments as needed and relay that information to the appropriate personnel.
11. Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
12. Greet all guests and owners warmly with an appropriate greeting.
13. Have a good understanding and able to communicate products and service related query to guests when asked.
14. Remove china, glassware, silverware, etc. from tables at the conclusion of the meal period and deliver to the stewarding area.
15. Ensure guest satisfaction throughout the meal service.
16. Respond to guest requests in a friendly, timely, and efficient manner.
17. Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
18. Monitor tableware to ensure it is presentable to guests.
19. Assist fellow team members and other departments wherever necessary to maintain positive working relationships.
High school (12th Class) certificate
Good communication skills in Pashto and Dari languages (English is preferable)
175+ cm height