|Date Posted:||Jul 14, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Aug 14, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Administrative,Transportation,Procurement and logistics|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
ZNCC is a leading name in the power-infrastructure segment for the Afghan ministries and utilities and the United States government. With 15 years of experience, we handle and deliver design, supply, construction, transportation, and turnkey power projects with efficacy and precision. Right from scratch to the execution of the projects, our expertise in EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction), O&M (Operations and Maintenance) has made us one of the most sought-after names in the field. Irrespective of how complicated a project is, our performance in the energy and construction sectors is counted among the best in the country. Be it in power transmission, substation, or distribution, we offer holistic EPC services to the core sectors in Afghanistan. For a transparent approach in project management, proper financing, and resource management, get in touch with us.
The Warehouse and Transport Manager will be responsible for the completion of all shipping activities in considering time and low cost and take appropriate action to minimize delays in required procurement items.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safety and security of stock inventory,
- Make sure that equipment and supplies which will be placed in the warehouse are kept safe and in good condition.
- Maintain accurate and proper inventory records.
- Check and record incoming materials for accuracy between delivery and invoicing.
- Properly maintain the daily GDN vs GRN report and update the sites and head office,
- Coordinate the focal point of sites and other organizations for smooth chain management,
- Listing all the items currently in the warehouse and maintain the records of all outgoing and incoming items from and to the warehouse in-stock books, calculate, record, and show balance of all items in the store on day-to-day basis.
- Responsible for the accurate calculation of shipment quantities ensuring all shipment deliveries are as per contractual agreements and respects transportation specifications.
- Keep the existing items in the store well-sorted. A list should be prepared for this purpose, along with the relevant items in the store for easy reference and inventory,
- Control the quality of equipment/needed items out and inside the store,
- Responsible to take care of fixed assets and advice staff on proper use and handling of the assets,
- Arrange and manage loading/offloading and transport facility of goods delivery,
- Assure good communication and effective coordination among the relevant departments/site offices,
- Maintain strong relationships with site managers and site Admins for receiving GRNs and reports of delivered items at all times.
- Plans the use of subordinate workers, facilities, and materials based on workload
- Able to travel to ZNCC’s project sites for inventory, physical check, and monitoring of material, equipment’s and machinery
- Any other task requested by the competent authority.
- BA Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, supply chain management, or in any other related field
- 5-years’ experience in Warehouse, Inventory Transport & Logistics field
- In-depth knowledge of Warehousing & Inventory and local transport and fleet management of negotiations to maximize profits.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- The Warehouse & Transport Manager must also be able to meet tough deadlines.
- Problem-solving abilities on all fronts
- Proven previous experience in the role of a shipping manager (construction companies preferred)
- Ability to deal with complex and ambiguous situations.
- Good knowledge of computer operations and skills in the use of office package
- Able to travel to project sites