|Date Posted:||Aug 16, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Aug 23, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About World Vision International Afghanistan:
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To assist the warehouse supervisor/ warehouse manager proper and safe custody (storage) of all Food commodities entrusteid to the care of WV by donors.
Documentation of commodity transactions in the warehouse including, receipt, storage and delivery of all commodities
Duties & Responsibilities:
A. Commodity Management
1. We are stewards through whom the donors channel assistance to the communities.
a. Assist the Warehouse Supervisor to ensure that all commodities arriving at the warehouse and leaving the warehouse are properly accounted for.
2. Assist the warehouse supervisor with receipt of commodities in the warehouse:
a. Make sure you know in advance about the types and amount of commodities to expect in the warehouse. Assist the warehouse supervisor to prepare and carefully plan for storage space.
b. Scrutinize all waybills to ensure that the commodities are of correct quantities and quality as manifested on the waybill.
c. Immediately record all quantities delivered short (missing), quantities lost in transit and quantities damaged if any. All observations must be recorded immediately.
d. Supervise off-loading of the commodities make sure it is properly undertaken. Commodities must carefully be inspected and counted during off-loading before accepting in the warehouse.
e. Immediately reconstitute torn / loose / slack / leaking / damaged bags, tins or cartons to prevent any further loss. Document such activity.
3. Assist the warehouse supervisor to maintain good warehousing standards
a. Storage of commodities must be done properly. Commodities must be stacked in an organized manner by commodity type and by shipment number to facilitate proper physical count
b. Be alert to observe any signs of weevils and other grain pests that damage the commodities during storage. Commodities must in good condition. Check for infestation and take immediate action by informing the Commodity Assistants.
c. Unfit commodities must be stacked separately away from the sound stocks.
B. Commodity Accounting.
1. Assist the warehouse supervisor to accurately fill and update all the warehouse records including Ledger books, stack cards and stock control sheets. Quantities recorded on these documents MUST correspond to the daily physical stock in the warehouse.
2. Keep daily records of warehouse movement (commodities received and dispatched including the destinations).
3. Commodities shall NEVER leave the warehouse without prior approval of the Commodity Manager or his/her designee.
4. Loading of Commodities shall ONLY take place after receiving a LOADING AUTHORIZATION from the Commodity Manager or his/her designee.
5. Commodities leaving the warehouse MUST be accompanied by a waybill or a delivery note.
6. Unexplained warehouse losses are the responsibility of the warehouse supervisor and his/her assistant. Value of the loss can be deducted from their salaries.
1. Commodity reporting period is between 1st and 25th of every month. Assist the warehouse with reporting and ensure reports are ready to the head office by the 1st day of the following month latest.
2. Prepare monthly Commodity Receipt Summary, Truck Inspection Reports, Dispatch summary, Loss Status Reports and Physical Inventory Reports at the end of every month. These MUST be submitted to the head office by the 1st day of the following month latest.
3. Perform any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
A Minimum of high school level education with some basic training in storekeeping and proven relevant experience.
Candidates must also have at least 2 years of experience in a related field preferably in with an NGO working in commodity programming and logistics.
They should also be willing to live and work in any part of the country.
Good command of oral and written English a MUST.
I affirm that I fully understand that the above responsibilities are part of my employment with WV Afghanistan and they are acceptable to me.