|Date Posted:||Mar 25, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 7, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Education (MoE):
The aim of the EQRA Project is “to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.” EQRA introduces a shift from monitoring only the enrollment of students (which also includes attention to students designated as ‘permanently absent’) to focusing on bringing children into school as well as student attendance. The Education Quality Reform for Afghanistan (EQRA) is fully aligned with the goals of the Afghanistan National Strategic Plan (NESP III). The project is designed to (A) increase equitable access in disadvantaged districts especially for girls; (B) improve quality of instruction/education service delivery and (C) enhance MoE governance and management capacity. The project focuses on the construction and expansion of schools, provide community-based education to out of school children, reform curriculum for all grades, improve and ensure textbooks delivery to schools, enhance academic supervision, strengthen teacher & TTC quality, improve execution of budget, strengthen and increase use of EMIS, implement capacity building reform, and reform recruitment process for civil service.
Warehouse Control & Inventory Monitoring Consultant will be consulting the EQRA funded publication provincial 7 provincial TAs, in close coordination with DPI’s top management and relevant Tashkil staff (Central & Provincial). This post will have direct impact on inventory controlling and monitoring activities of provincial TAs. The Warehouse Control & Inventory Monitoring Consultant will report to Textbooks Print Production and Distribution Specialist / Manager, and will be responsible for the following:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Consulting and monitoring necessary arrangements in the warehouse for loading and unloading of textbooks across its supply chain.
· Consult and control Regional Publication Officers to monitor and ensure textbook distribution process in-lined with applicable textbooks distribution standards, effective and efficient warehousing mechanism, and keep an update electronic data in system.
· Share ideas with relevant source and assist in developing and improving of a database for warehouse; linked with Textbooks Information System (Yet to be developed).
· Ensure that all material in the store could be easily counted physically and from the stock cards, ensure that incoming textbooks’ inventory is placed in store properly and professionally in-lined with applicable delivery terms and conditions.
· Consult and monitor effective and efficient inventory control measures after each single distribution takes place from source to destination, on any level.
· Monitor preparing and completion of all paper work before and after incoming and outgoing of the inventory from source to destination (e.g. printing house to provincial warehouse).
· Supervise a computerized system that will track all incoming and outgoing textbooks and educational materials.
· Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports on warehouse activities; Report daily textbooks distribution report to Textbooks’ Printing and Distribution Specilaist/Manager at the end of each distribution day.
· Responsible for effective and efficient implementation of all new assignments which DPI's top management may guide the warehouses throughout the contract period.
· Share implementable ideas with DPI top management for improvement of warehouse system throughout the contract period.
Deliverables: Warehouse Control & Inventory Monitoring Specialist
· Warehouse training manual.
· Monthly 1-5 days training of seven regional NTAs for first 3 to 6 months immediately after hiring them and then quarterly on:
o Loading and unloading of textbooks, receipt of textbooks, verifying and counting of textbooks, storing, staging and delivery of textbooks across its supply chain;
o Assuring textbook distribution process in-lined with applicable textbooks distribution standards;
o Effective and efficient warehousing mechanism, and
o Keeping update electronic data in system.
· Monthly electronic reports on the total inventory status (receipt+stock=total textbooks available for distribution-distributed= balance)
· Daily/weekly reports on textbooks transportation to provinces;
· Reports on regular visits to all provincial warehouses before distribution, during, and after distribution (only during first year of hiring), and then on sample basis only once (before/during/after) distribution, as deemed necessary.
· Annual M&E report on the existing warehousing activities and paper works (such as GRN, Distribution Ticket, Proof of Delivery, Bill of Leading, Textbooks’ Exit Tickets etc.) before, during, and after each textbooks printing project.
· Weekly/monthly meeting with Textbooks’ Printing and Distribution Specialist/Manager for improvement of warehouse system and OTMIS.
a. At least Bachelor’s degree in education or other related fields such Economics, Business Administration, and social sciences.
a. At least 5 years of experience in the related field).
b. At least he/she should have experience in the public organizations in the relevant field.
Recruitment, work condition and evaluation
1. The recruitment will be done through transparent and competitive processes.
2. Work conditions
1. The Warehouse Control & Inventory Specialist will work according to Afghanistan MoE’s and donors' rules and regulation.
2. MoE will provide a proper work station at MoE main building.
1. The initial three months will be considered a probationary period.
2. A formal performance evaluation shall be conducted annually jointly by the Ministry of Education leadership as well as by the WB with observers of the key donors.
3. An exit interview will be conducted upon completion of the contract. This exit interview constitutes condition for final payment.
4. These reporting obligations would be in addition to any reporting and evaluation obligations decided and directly conducted by the Ministry and/or World Bank.
5. The contract extension is subject to fund availability, organization’s need and satisfactory performance.
a. Strong computer Skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
b. Excellent communication skills in English, Pashto and Dari languages.
c. Proposal and report writing skills
d. Strong arithmetical, statistical, and mathematical skills.
e. Must be willing to travel throughout Afghanistan and abroad.