|Date Posted:||Sep 7, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Sep 20, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About World Vision International Afghanistan:
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To Plan, administer and manage all Warehouse operations related to receipt, storage, dispatch, destruction, reconstitution and disposal of all food and no food commodities entrusted to WV Afghanistan by donors. To document all food and no food commodities transactions as per donor and WV commodities accounting systems and procedures, including reporting. To provide day-toÂ¬day supervision of warehouse staff and overseeing the work organized by Assistant Warehouse Managers. To recruit, train and empower warehouse staff in commodities management, accounting and reporting. To motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure set program targets are met. To maintain auditable record trail of all transactions associated with food and no food commodities at warehouse level, including record keeping. To maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment
Duties & Responsibilities:
To manage the receipt, storage, dispatch, reconstitution, destruction and disposal of all food and no food commodities entrusted to WV by donors within established donor and WV commodities systems, standards and procedures
2. To track all commodities from point of origin to the warehouse, including counting all food and no food actual received in person or through a delegation and comparing counts to bill of
landing, waybills and other legal documents.
3. Timely entry of all food and no food commodities receipts and dispatch transactions in warehouses documents as per WC Commodities accounting systems.
4. Maintain inventory control to ensure that losses are controlled including quality control of storage commodities.
5. Prepare loss or damaged reports, including verifying disposal of unfit commodities according to established systems, standards and procedures
6. Ensure an orderly filing system for all commodities transactions is maintained in auditable manner at warehouse level.
7 . To ensure safe keeping of all food and no food commodities, including securing them from rain, theft and rodents.
8. Ensure cleanness of the warehouse at all times, inCluding availability of first aid kits, reconstitution material, equipments and fire extinguishers.
9. Ensure timely availability of storage capacity, casual loaders/off loaders and basic warehouse items prior to arrival of commodities at warehouse level, including planning future capacity
10. To motivate, organize and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure set program
targets are met.
II. To provide day-to- day supervision of warehouse staff and overseeing the work organized by
Assistant Warehouse Managers.
12. Ensure quality delivery and proper handling of all food and no food commodities at warehouse
13. Maintain auditable record trail of all food and no food commodities at warehouse level,
including proper record keeping.
14 To ensure proper accounting of all food and no food commodities entrusted to WV by donors
within established donor and WV commodities systems and standards.
15. Coordinate to ensure all required resources for timely commodity receipts and dispatches are
16. Maintain auditable record trail for all food and no food commodities at warehouse level,
including record keeping.
17. To recruit, train and empower warehouse staff in commodities management, accounting and
18. Keeping stock control systems up to date
19. To maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment.
20. Carry our other duties as requested by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling,
self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
â€¢ Requires 'minimum a university degree with graduate diploma in purchasing and supply, Warehouse Management, Logistics, business Administration or equivalent. However,
candidates with high qualifications are preferable.
â€¢ Must have at least two year experience in Food and No-food commodities management,
preferably within humanitarian context.
â€¢ Must have excellent planning, organizing skills, problem solving and implementation of
good systems to track food and non-food commodities transactions and accounting.
â€¢ Must have a clear understanding of the workings of the major donors' (USAID, USDA, EC, WFP etc) perspectives, requirements and standards, including being able to represent World Vision to theses major program donors in a manner which is highly professional, in
person and in writing.
â€¢ Requires excellent interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills in English and
â€¢ Proven ability in relating with sub contractors, government Officials and other staff members
at various levels
â€¢ Able to work in demanding environment and adaptable to rapidly changing contexts, including willing to live and work in WV Afghanistan field operational areas.
â€¢ Good computer skills specially word and excel required
â€¢ Devoted and committed to contribute to success of World Vision's Mission.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
1. Prospective candidates should have basic schooling up to high school level. Candidates with higher qualifications would be preferred.
2. At least two years experience in a related field preferably in commodity programming in logistics. However candidates with a good finance and accounting background can also
3. Ability to perform field assignment and willingness to travel for long periods of time in difficult terrain, harsh and demanding environment and circumstances. Candidates should also be willing to live and work in very difficult and security-risk area.
4. Good commend over oral and written English, or the official language of the country is a must. Computer literacy would be an added qualification.
5. Ability to communicate and built relationships with local partners, government, UN and other bodies and to work in co-operation with other members of the team.