|Date Posted:||Apr 17, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Apr 27, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Aeroparcel, Inc.:
Aeroparcel® is the first and largest Afghan mail, courier and parcel services. Aeroparcel® is committed to modernize the mail, courier and parcel services in Afghanistan. Within four years of operations Aeroparcel® plans to be the market share- leader of mail, courier and parcel services of Afghanistan and the region. Aeroparcel® offers highly competitive products, services and customer experience, and we are committed to continuously improving these offering for all our mail, courier and parcel customers. With the customer at the center of everything we do, we are working hard to ensure that Aeroparcel® services are safe, express and affordable. The main business of Aeroparcel® are mail services, courier services and parcel services within and outside Afghanistan.
The Warehouse Manager is one of the keys management position at Aeroparcel, Inc.
We are looking for an effective Warehouse Manager to direct receiving, warehousing and distribution operations. He/ She will oversee the efficient receipt, storage, value-adding servicing, Distribute and dispatch of a variety of products.
He/ She should be able to ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policy’s and vision;
2. Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures;
3. Complies with Afghan and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions;
4. Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures;
5. Track record of inbound/ outbound of material;
6. Proceed with proper packing, labeling and tagging of the inventory in the warehouse;
7. Oversees stock control, keeping it up to date as well as planning future capacity requirements;
8. Be aware of stock and merchandise and its replenishment;
9. SAP/ WMS knowledge and efficiency is preferred;
10. Managing & maintaining all 3PL activities at warehouse;
11. Shall provide monthly KPI reporting to Management;
12. Producing regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis;
13. Focus on primary & secondary distribution within Afghanistan;
14. Prepare and maintain record of housekeeping;
15. Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system;
16. Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement;
17. Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions;
18. Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results;
19. ensuring that quality objectives and delivery deadlines are met
20. Maintains warehouse staff by orienting, and training employees;
21. Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results;
22. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks;
23. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
24. Travel within and outside Afghanistan;
25. Attend business meeting, conferences, and other events within and outside Afghanistan&
26. Perform any other task assigned by the line manager.
1. Bachelor degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration (BBA) with specialization in Logistic Management or Supply Chain Management, Master holders will be proffered.
2. Extra diploma in shipping, courier management or operations management is an advantage.
5 years of professional experience with international or national organizations. Private sectors experience especially in courier and shipping industry is highly desirable.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
The employee should be able to furnish two individuals as a guarantor for attesting the social worthiness of the employee.
Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
Hands on experience with warehouse management software & databases
Leadership skills and ability to manage staff
Strong international courier company experience
Good IT & Computing knowledge