|Date Posted:||Mar 1, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 22, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
About American University of Afghanistan:
Founded in 2006, the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit, nationally-accredited university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We are a dynamic university with a student population of over 1,000 students.
The AUAF’s Facilities department is seeking qualified candidate for full time position as Warehouse Supervisor based in Kabul.
Key Outcomes Include
· GRN preparation and process on timely manner
· Delivery/shipment management and storages
· Update record of inventory supplies in Dynamic GP inventory module
· Inventory list of fixes assets & non fixed assets at storages
· Regularly physical count for storages assets & supplies items and provide report
· Handle all stores requests efficiently for supplies and assets
· Update record tracker/GP inventory module for items/supplies check in and checkout from storages on daily basis
· Monitor organizing fixed assets, non-fixed and supplies items into shelves/storages
· Monitor keeping clean, organized and arranged items at storages
· Arrange Safety preventive measures as needed at warehouse/stores
· Monitor to check all warehouse doors, lights, ACs, electrical appliances and security issue
· Ensure daily operations meet and exceed daily performance expectation
· Meets warehouse operation standard based on the policy and procedures set
The role is responsible for effective implementation of fixed assets & inventory supplies management within the warehouse/storages unit. He/she is a key role and will be responsible for planning, managing, executing, monitor/controlling daily warehousing and supply chain management activities to achieve productivity, quality and customer service standards and achieve the appropriate level of volume within time limits. To ensure the integrity of the property control systems for Capital, Non-Capital assets and supplies/inventory items is in place as per the policy and procedures. He supervise the receiving, tagging, issuing, returning and inspecting of AUAF property Fixed and Non Fixed assets including consumable supplies, stationary, cleaning, food items, cartridges, facilities store supplies, Gas, mineral Water, and DHL shipments.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Excellent verbal and written English language.
· Time management,
· Equipment maintenance
· Effective planning skills with attention to detail and data accuracy
· Reporting and analytical skills
· Maintaining effective working relationships with manager and other department
· Subject to standing, walking, sitting, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
· Work safely and follow safety rules
· Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices
· Able to work late hours, under pressure ,weekends, holidays when needed
· Physical ability to assist with warehousing operation
· Able to lift 50 lbs.
· Proficiency using standard office software applications and ERP/GP Inventory management system is preferred
· Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills
· Excellent proactive customer service attitude, always seeking the best way to identify and acquire materials
· Supervision, safety management, data entry management, dependability, reporting skills, dealing with complexity
· Capability and willingness to learn new systems and procedures.
· Warehousing & Inventory management
· Planning and organizing checkout & check In
· Inventory count and tagging process
· Loading and off-loading shipment/delivery
· Cleanses and organizing shelves
· ICT, software and computer skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
GRNs preparation, Process and record Management
· Accomplishes warehouses objectives effectively by planning, organizing, managing and monitoring activities in coordination with guidance of department manager
· Prepare and process all GRNs for purchased items assets and supplies on timely manner
· Coordinate with requested departments to complete inspection process on time
· Liaise with procurement officers to complete and handover GRNs forms without delay and report any issue to dept. manager or procurement director
· Responsible to supervise warehouse assistant & clerk on warehouse activities on receiving, sorting, delivering, organizing and issuance items
· Keep GRNs tracker updated on daily basis to meet deadline and provide report when required
· Follow up inspection/receipt process completion on GRNs and work with department supervisor/head to expedite the process
Receiving, Issuance and Inventory Reporting Management
· Provides necessary inventory reports on warehouse inventory for equipment and supplies to department manager, and audit whenever required.
· Plan, manage and arrange delivery/shipment into the storages including transfer/disposition
· Provide updated list of damaged equipment in warehouses for disposal each quarter.
· Provide monthly expenses report on supplies items and inventory to finance office and manager.
· Provide report and summary on the GAS, WATER and other supplies consumption on regular basis.
· Keep and maintain supplies trackers/GP inventory module up-to-date for all IN/OUT transaction.
· Organize, manage and monitor to move inventory by scheduling equipment to and from warehouse and or inventory transfer to related departments.
· Maintains inventory check by conducting monthly physical counts; reconciling variances; inputting data and report the result to manager
· Provide information to dept. manager for investigation and act on matters related to compliance, including the review of documents and other information that is relevant to compliance activities.
· Responsible on supplies items stock level/balance and request to replenishing stock at minimum stage
· Prepare and submit request for stock items and monitor order with procurement , delivery and storing supplies items
· Monitor issuing supplies and equipment using standard forms as per the policy and procedures
· Coordinate with inventory team/assistant for tagging of new purchased assets/equipment
· Plan, schedule and monitor DHL shipment inbound/outbound delivery, receiving and handover process.
· Plan, manage and control DHL shipment and custom clearance of items pending at relevant departments.
· Assist department manager and inventory team on activities and disposal management process cycle
· Comply with warehousing standard and apply policy and procedure set by AUAF.
· Maintaining storages area by organizing floor space, shelves, adhering to storage design principles recommending regular improvement.
· Organizing fixed assets, non-fixed assets and supplies items into shelves/storages
· Regularly check, control, organize and manage sites stores and report any issue to supervisor.
· This role must be able to provide accurate forecasting of material requirement in a month or quarter basis to order.
· To ensure a balance between supply and demand by establishing minimum holding stocks to cover lead-times.
· He/she must constantly stock tack to keep abreast of changing needs and priorities.
· The warehouse/stock must always have sufficient stocks to cover the lead-time for replacement stocks to avoid stock-shortage.
· Handle and process all store requests from AUAF staff and faculty efficiently items
· With guidance of the dept. manager, plane, organize and implement goals to improve warehousing and storages.
· Keeps equipment in warehouse operating by coordinating and manage for preventive and corrective maintenance and repair schedule.
· Troubleshoots any assigned problems with purchase orders, deliveries, or pickups that require special attention.
· Provides backup assistance to the warehouse staff as required
· Keep and maintain proper filling system for all warehouse/stores important document and paperwork
· Secures warehouse by installing alarms on, security camera, locking system on door and keys box
· Regularly monitor security camera installed in warehouse and recommend improvement
· Any other tasks or duties assigned from time to time by supervisor as needed.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years’ experience in relevant area, such as customer service, warehousing management & inventory management.
· Attentive to details, avoiding errors in purchase requests, GRN, and reports processing
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in Afghanistan as local employees.
To apply, please send as a single PDF or Word (doc.) format: a cover letter and curriculum vitae (CV), to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 22, 2020. Please, include Vacancy# AF-N-18-2020 and Job Title “Warehouse Supervisor” in the subject line of the email, otherwise the application will not be considered. Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. A written test or example of work may be used as a form of screening.
If hired, the successful applicant is expected to provide official proof of academic degrees (transcripts sent from the degree granting school directly to AUAF).
AUAF does not charge recruitment fees to applicants.
AUAF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. AUAF follows a strict non-discriminatory policy in its selection and employment practices. All applicants will receive equal consideration and applicants from all ethnic, religious and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.