|Date Posted:||Jun 29, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 3, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Civil Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||6 month(s)|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Assistance for Health, Education and Development - AHEAD:
AHEAD as a non-governmental, non-political and non-profit organization established by Afghan trained professionals those are committed to contribute in improvement of civil society, , social development, public health and educational programs. AHEAD is registered under license number 1259 in Ministry of Economy, with the long term Vision of the realization and development of vibrant and vital civil society, community development, public health and education in Afghanistan where the interest, concerns and dignity of the civilians are taken seriously and more people have access to resources. The Mission of considered as: contribution to improve the quality of Afghan families life through provision and distribution of quality health, education services, awareness, community development, civil society development, capacity building and research.
WASH Engineer is responsible for overall design & implementation of construction/rehabilitation work in the target locations of this project. S/He will be also responsible for providing technical support to the field team to ensure all construction/rehabilitation work of project infrastructures are well maintained and have smooth progress as per project timeline and requirement and timely reporting on progression.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• In consultation with local authorities and beneficiaries identify sites and target households for water source macro-water catchments RO filtration unit pipe networks and other project interventions in target locations.
• Prepare design package of gravity fed/Solar water network reservoirs macro water catchments & water wells as well as construction plan for every single infrastructure.
• Provide detail technical specification in BoQs and ToR for contractors.
• Supervise construction supervisor and daily labours building their capacity and providing technical support to strengthen their construction skills
• Ensure quality work in construction/rehabilitation of water supply and groundwater recharge infrastructure.
• Ensure sustainability aspect of infrastructure before landscaping in the field
• Ensure safety of labour during construction work.
• Maintain proper documentation of construction work progress as well as labour timesheet.
• Liaise with project manager & other relevant technical staff on progression of construction/rehabilitation works.
• Timely reporting to the project manager on project updates gaps obstacles and challenges of construction work on daily weekly monthly & quarterly basis.
• Ensure establishment water management committee (WMC) per each village for project sustainability and proper operation & maintenance of infrastructure.
• Ensure that WMC get enough on site practical training during construction/rehabilitation phases of work in order to get technical orientation of all constructed parts.
• Support Construction Supervisor to conduct one day technical training on slight technical repairing work developing budget plan and fee collection and proper O&M of water infrastructure.
• Monitor/supervise construction work in the field and ensure they meet the project objectives in terms of quality of work and within the agreed timelines.
• Work with M&E to regularly track and report on progress towards AHEAD water sanitation and hygiene targets.
• Take all the necessary measures in order to maintain positive working relationships and a good environment upholding the rule of safety first in order to prevent accidents.
• Ensure that water sanitation and hygiene program is fully and timely implemented in according with community needs and standards in the project targeted areas.
• Mobilizing communities (including religious leaders) toward program objective & post ending sustainability.
• At least graduation from Civil Engineering
• Post graduate studies in water management (Desirable)
• Knowledge & Skills
• Knowledge and experience in designing gravity fed or solar fed water supply network macro water catchments and irrigation structures. Excellent understanding of drawing details.
• Willingness to travel throughout the project area as required.
• Ability to engage and mobilise different community groups and leaders is a necessity.
• Ability to supervise different construction work simultaneously.
• Knowledge of Water CAD/Water GEMs