|Date Posted:||May 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Functional Area:||Communication,General,Social Science|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Vision International :
World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than10 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and wellbeing of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
Note:Subject to donor's approval
These positions will ensure that the WASH components of the project are implemented fully in accordance with the community needs and standards, in a timely manner. The WASH Facilitators will be primarily responsible for conducting hygiene promotion in target communities. These are 4 full-time, grant-funded WASH Facilitator positions in Herat province (Koshk-e-Rebat sangi and Koshk-e-Kohne districts)
- Ability to engage and mobilise different community groups and leaders is a necessity.
- Knowledge of important hygiene behaviours
- Must have good attention to detail, all work must be checked.
- Knowledge and experience in construction is useful but not a necessity.
- Willingness to travel throughout the project area required, with familiarity with the project area preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- In consultation with local authorities and beneficiaries (particularly women and people with disabilities), assist WV project Engineers to identify sites and target households for water resources construction
- Lead the communities to contribute on water resources construction
- Establish and train volunteer WASH Groups to conduct community hygiene promotion
- Provide behaviour change training in communities on hygiene practices such as hand washing, water treatment, and latrine use.
- Conduct hygiene promotion for children through Sesame Street WASH Up! Initiative
- Support WASH groups to conduct regular community-wide hygiene promotion sessions.
- Develop and maintain good relationships and lines of communication with relevant local communities, explaining World Vision Afghanistan’s role as an NGO and liaising with them during all phases of the project
- Report to the Project Manager the implementation of projects as planned according to developed technical standards, schedules and timelines.
- Update and prepare weekly reports on project progress.
- Work with Monitoring & Evaluation staff to regularly track and report on progress towards WV water, sanitation and hygiene targets.
- Take all the necessary measures in order to maintain positive working relationships and a good environment, upholding the rule of safety first in order to prevent accidents.
- Ensure that water, sanitation and hygiene program is fully and timely implemented in according with community needs and standards in the project targeted areas.
- Design appropriate training materials for use in local community development work and informal educational activities
- Mobilizing the communities (including religious leaders) toward program objective.
- Seek and receive regular feedback from communities about their issues/concerns with the project and provide this feedback to the Project Manager.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Herat
- 2-3 years of working with community mobilisation projects
- 1-2 years previous experience working with the hygiene and sanitation behaviour change approaches
- Able to work in a cross-cultural environment with multi-national and international staff.
- Work flexibility
- Ability to work in a team environment