|Date Posted:||May 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Civil Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1Year & 6 Months|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Vision International :
The World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than10 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and well being of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
Ensure that water and sanitation program is implemented fully in accordance with the community needs and standards, in a timely manner. The WASH Engineers will be responsible for water system construction under this project. These are 2 full-time, grant-funded WASH Site Engineer positions; 2 based in Herat (Koshk-e-Rebat sangi and Koshk-e-Kohne districts).
Requires travel to provinces:
- Excellent knowledge of project estimations and water supply systems design.
- Understanding of solar-powered water networks
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage and prioritize tasks.
- Dari & Pashto - Fluent Written & Speaking
- Good understanding of WASH standards and national guideline for construction work in rural areas
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Technical Engineering Inputs
- Work with target communities to identify sites for water system construction, ensuring the inclusion of women and people with disabilities in the siting of water points.
- Construction of solar powered mechanized water systems (networks).
- Conduct water quality testing for each water source identified for construction (before and after construction).
- Prepare quality specifications for the construction materials for different types of WASH infrastructure.
- Prepare precise implementation plan for construction works.
- Ensure all required resources for every single construction project at community level are well estimated and planned for procurement.
- Ensure quality control within construction/rehabilitation work by providing necessary on the job training for skilled labor.
- Provide technical training and support to the water management committees that function as the operation and maintenance (O&M) groups within communities.
- Develop all necessary monitoring and supervision tools used for construction projects.
- Ensure quality implementation of construction works with respect of specifications and timeline of implementation.
- Review and revise technical aspect for per designed water supply infrastructure before implementation.Check the quality of the materials provided by the construction company and make sure all materials are new and free of defects and in good condition and the final product, materials and construction meet the minimum standards as described in the subcontract documents and technical specification.
- Review and confirm the payment claims made by the construction company and assess the work executed for the release of contractor’s payment
- Other necessary inputs concerning construction activities.
- Other task assigned by Supervisor.
2. Reporting, Administration
- Providing good quality monthly progress report of the construction works.
- Prepare & process completion report by end of each infrastructure completion.
- Prepare & process WASH infrastructure hand over documents with community and line governmental departments in Herat
- Prepare on time monthly, quarterly, semi-annual & annual report to the relevant governmental departments in Herat
- Ensure that separate databases developed to capture all quantitative details for each project and are up-to-date.
- Monitor and provide inputs in procuring construction materials.
- Proper documentation of project technical documents such as drawings, BoQs, Specifications, completion report, hand over forms and etc.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Herat
- Civil Engineering Graduated
- At least 2 years of construction experience
- 2 years of experience with water supply
- The position would be based in Herat with travel to districts.