|Date Posted:||Oct 13, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Oct 19, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||5|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||12 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest volunteer-based humanitarian network established by and comprised of member National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies in 192 countries. Along with National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), IFRC is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. The overall aim of the IFRC is “to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” It works to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people before, during and after disasters, health emergencies and other crises. The IFRC is served by a Secretariat based in Geneva, with regional, country cluster teams and country offices throughout the world. The Secretariat is led by the IFRC Secretary General and provides the central capacity to serve, connect, and represent National Societies. The Secretariat’s focus includes providing support to the IFRC governance mechanisms; setting norms and standards; providing guidance; ensuring consistency, coordination, and accountability for performance; knowledge sharing; promoting collaboration within and respect for the Movement; and expanding engagement with partners.
Established in 1990, the IFRC Country Office in Afghanistan operates as a platform It works to enhance the capacity, organizational development, auxiliary role to public authorities and outreach activities of the Afghan Red Crescent Society (ARCS). IFRC also facilitates collaboration with the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement as well as with non-Movement actors with a view to expand resilience outcomes across Afghanistan.
In line with IFRC strategic priorities derived from its Strategy 2030, the IFRC technical support ranges from climate action to disaster and crisis management, to health and WASH, to migration and displacement as well as empowerment and inclusion activities, with a particular focus on readiness to emergency response, livelihoods and cash, immunization and community health. In the context of COVID-19, the IFRC country office has also expanded its support to ARCS in addressing the health and socio-economic impact of the pandemic by supporting immediate and longer-term needs of the most affected communities. In addition, IFRC is also supporting ARCS in providing support through the Humanitarian Crises Emergency Appeal.
To maintain the safety and security of IFRC staff, guests/visitors, and assets in IFRC facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry and reporting any incident.
- Obtains help by sounding alarms.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Controls traffic inside IFRC premises by directing drivers.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or manager.
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles.
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
- At least high school graduate.
- At least 2 year’s working experience in similar position for NGO or international humanitarian organization.
- Previous experience with Red Cross / Red Crescent (Preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Knowledge in Federation or movement partners (Preferred)
- Work with communication equipment (HF, VHF and VHF base station)
- Familiar with CCTV cameras, alarm system and fire-extinguishers
- Intermediate level English.
- Local common languages knowledge of Pushto and Dari
- Core Competencies - A good degree of competence in team-work, commitment to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and its work, integrity and personal conduct, flexibility and adaptability.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Interested candidate who meet job requirements are to submit their resume.