|Date Posted:||May 19, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jun 2, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About National Water Affairs Regulation Authority:
In accordance with the Decree 36 of the presidential office of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in view of national politics and strategy of the country during 1398, the National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA) has been established from one existing ministry: Ministry of Energy and Water
The Government of Afghanistan has identified the rehabilitation and expansion of the country's physical infrastructure as one of its highest priorities for the reconstruction and development of Afghanistan. As part of the basic economic infrastructure of the country, the water sector occupies special prominence in the Government's development plans. Several major Water sector projects, funded by the National Development Budget and by international financial institutions and donors, are presently under implementation and planning under the general oversight of the National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA).
Given the technical complexity of the Water sector and the particular demands posed by the coordination of the projects that are being funded by various sources, the NWARA assists its administration that will be based in Kabul and will reinforce NWARA in its internal and external activities and projects smoothness and speediness in fulfilling its obligations for water sector development
The Water Management Regulation Advisor (WMRA) will be serving as advisor in all Water Management regulation aspects of water resources management affairs in National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA) on all levels. He/she will be providing support in implementing projects and program reviews. The overall responsibilities include developing applications, providing technical expertise, and coordinating technical activities. The person will be also supporting the technical water management affairs teams preparing technical aspects of the projects and programs. The person should have Good understanding of developments in national and/ or international water management sector. S/He should have good knowledge in latest trends and approaches in adaptive and integrated water resource management is preferred;
Duties & Responsibilities:
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Providing technical assistance on the development, implementation and evaluation of Water Management Affairs policies and strategies.
- Assisting the Water Management teams in review of relevant documents and reports; identifies priorities; liaises with relevant parties; identifies follow-up actions.
- Assisting preparation of various technical documents, e.g. investigation and feasibilities reports, background and baseline reports, and other relevant documents.
- Assisting in organizing technical activities like structuring of seminars, workshops, training materials.
- Assisting in generating creative, practical approaches and solutions to overcome challenging situations of Integrated Water Resources management (IWRM) and Water allocations.
- Contributing to proposal development for new water management affairs projects.
- Advising departments and offices to ensure all technical aspects of plans are well integrated and in line with water conservation and water security.
- Advise the relevant departments in comprehensive review of water policy and strategies documents according to national and international commitments like SDGs.
- Advise Director General of NWARA on water management policy, strategies and water allocations.
- Advise water resources planners consider in all policies.
- Assess water supply schemes and able to prepare relevant feasibility and other technical report.
- Contribute substantial technical input into the development and administration of Water Management affairs projects in the areas of water resources (Basin Water), water management for agriculture (Rural Water) and sustainable development.
- The WMRA will support, guide and provide technical input into a comprehensive overview of a good international practice of water production and management systems of relevance for small areas faced with geographical challenges of isolation and dispersed nature of area and populations;
- Bachelor of hydraulic structures, civil engineering
- Bachelor minimum seven years’ and Master five-year experience in water resources on relevant areas.
- Strong in English (All skills especially writing).
- Proficient in Dari and Pashtu.
- Limited travel (any part of the country).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skill.
- Able to see water resources management from broader perspectives with international outlook.
- Strong presentation and representation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both in English and national languages.
- Excellent coaching, mentoring, and training skills.
- Proactive, resourceful and results oriented.
- Problem solving oriented and experience in performing varied Integrated Water Resources Management.
- Demonstrate expertise in technical aspects of water resources project.
- Strong inter-personal and teamwork skills.