|Date Posted:||May 22, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jun 22, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Social Science|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
About Assistance for Health, Education and Development - AHEAD:
AHEAD as a non-governmental, non-political and non-profit organization established by Afghan trained professionals those are committed to contribute in improvement of civil society, , social development, public health and educational programs. AHEAD is registered under license number 1259 in Ministry of Economy, with the long term Vision of the realization and development of vibrant and vital civil society, community development, public health and education in Afghanistan where the interest, concerns and dignity of the civilians are taken seriously and more people have access to resources. The Mission of considered as: contribution to improve the quality of Afghan families life through provision and distribution of quality health, education services, awareness, community development, civil society development, capacity building and research.
Assistance for Health, Education and Development is looking for a skilled WASH Specialist who will provide direct oversight for the Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH) portfolio.
If you are passionate about WASH and highly efficient, give us a chance to meet you. We expect you to have knowledge of various HR functions. We want to see a committed and approachable individual and be impressed with your character and skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Act as the Main Office focal point to WASH issues and liaise with relevant actors in different stages of WASH programme/project implementation.
• Support and develop existing programmes within the WASH sector.
• Provide leadership and technical advice to AHEAD’s provincial WASH Teams on all water, sanitation and hygiene promotion related issues, to ensure quality, cost-effectiveness, sustainability and environmental soundness in the projects implementation.
• Lead the organization of repairs of existing systems as, tanks, pumps, pipe networks and generators.
• In collaboration with the Health Specialists asses the health risks in the overall WASH situation, and design and implement systems to improve the situation in collaboration with relevant actors.
• Negotiate access to identified suitable natural water sources with relevant stakeholders while ensuring adherence to the Do no harm principle.
• Facilitate participatory and community-based approaches.
• Guide and supervise technical and support staff, and ensure that training needs are met.
• Develop educational material to both staff and affected or displaced people.
• Contribute to the budgeting process and give inputs to the financial management of the programme on technical areas.
• Provide weekly reports and input to the senior management and lead the development of WASH reports required by the donors.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
• Proven technical experience matching the above-mentioned duties and responsibilities
• A minimum of 5 years humanitarian experience is required
• Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus
• Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
• Strong ethics and reliability
• BSc/BA in business administration, social studies or relevant field; further training will be a plus
Interested applicants can submit their C.Vs along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write vacancy number and province in the subject line. Application after due date if received will not be considered. Only short-listed applicants will be called for interview.