|Date Posted:||May 5, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 25, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Civil Engineering,Mechanical Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||2 months|
About State Corps:
STATE CORPS (SC) is an energy and construction firm established in 2007 in Afghanistan and is registered with U. S Government, AISA (Afghanistan Investment Support Agency) and ACCI (Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce & Industries). State Corps began its activities in the construction industry where we had the opportunity to work on numerous multimillion-dollar design build and site adapt projects for the United State Army Corps of Engineers (USACE). We have grown tremendously in the past decade to the point where we now stand at the top of the most successful and largest Afghan companies. As State Corps grew so did the area of its activities and we started working in the energy sector. We now have the experience of implementing high voltage Transmission Line, Substation, and power distribution projects. Since much work is still to be done in the energy sector and not many Afghan companies have the experience or capability to carry out such projects, WE have made this sector our main concentration.
In addition to its headquarters in Afghanistan, State Corps now has active offices in Dubai and Turkey and plans to expand the perimeter of its operations even further in the world. For more information about us, please visit our website: www.statecorps.com
The Water Supply Design Engineer will be responsible for designing of water supply projects. The incumbent will plan and coordinate all phases of projects designs from conceptualization and requirements determination through planning, design and final execution.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Proficient in Ms. Office applications
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD, Water CAD, Epanet or other water supply engineering design programs.
- Good analytical skills and proactive problem-solver.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Having good skills in report writing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design urban water supply and sewer system.
- Design water distribution systems for potable or nonportable water.
- Design sludge treatment plants based on specifications and standards of the projects.
- Provide technical support on water resource or treatment issues to government agencies.
- Prepare detailed design, calculation, specification, BoQs, and drawings for packages of water supply project.
- Design domestic or industrial water supply system, including advanced facilities; pumping systems, pumping stations, pipelines, reservoirs and control buildings.
- Plan and coordinate all phases of projects designs from conceptualization and requirements determination through planning, design and final execution.
- Design or select equipment for use in wastewater processing to ensure compliance with government standards.
- Perform hydraulic analyses of water supply systems or water distribution networks to model flow characteristics, test for pressure losses, or to identify opportunities to mitigate risks and improve operational efficiency.
- Analyze storm water or floodplain drainage systems to control erosion, stabilize river banks, repair channel streams, or design bridges.
- Participate in conducting engineering surveys for the design and construction of intakes, collection chamber, valve chamber, transmission pipes, distribution pipes, tap stands, stream crossings, reservoirs, overhead tanks, location of ground water wells.
- Facilitate the drawing of community maps to fix the location of tap stands, latrines, pipe layout and other ancillary works.
- Any other tasks that will be given by the competent authority
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical, Hydraulic, Environmental Engineering or other related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years’ proven experience of designing water supply projects.
- Willingness to undertake extensive field visits.
Interested candidates can send their resume along with a cover letter to below submission email no later than 25-May-19. Please mention the vacancy no and position title in the subject line of the email as: Water Supply Design Engineer SC-19-09
Note:Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.