|Date Posted:||Jun 22, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 2, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Civil Engineering|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade DAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA):
The capital region of Afghanistan comprises the Kabul, Wardak, Logar, Kapisa and Parwan Provinces. The total area of the capital region is more than 7735 km2. In order to make safe urban environment and tackle the problems caused by ever increasing population growth in the capital of Afghanistan considering the concentrated economic activities and services provision, Dehsabz City Development Authority (DCDA) has been promoted to Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA) (As per the Presidential Decree No. 44 dated 23rd June 2016 based on Cabinet Resolution no 3 dated 30 April 2016 of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan). CRIDA is an Independent Budgetary Unit and Governmental profitable entity within the organizational structure of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA), not only develop Kabul New City project but also pave the ways for the development of Capital Region with broader visions which are briefly narrated as follows: 1. Transforming the Capital Region by turning it into a mega city that is clean, environmentally friendly, cultured with booming industries and commerce, sports and tourism and ultimately a metropolitan city that is self-reliant and sustainable, a city that has infrastructure and facilities of high standards with healthy physical environment. 2. Building a diverse community that is free of ethnic, linguistic, racial and religious prejudices. 3. Promoting urban culture and enhancing the standard of life through development of the Capital Region. 4. Development of cities (through decentralization for balanced development) within the Capital Region by protecting the originality, historical value and organic linkages with the existing Kabul city to transform the entire capital zone into a symbol of national unity.
CRIDA is currently looking for a Water Supply Design Engineer to play active role in Structure Design Division for vertical structures water supply who will contribute in designing multidisciplinary tasks for achieving the strategic goals of CRIDA on objective basis
Reporting Line: The Water Supply Design Engineer will report directly to the manager of HVAC and Deputy/Director of Structure Design Division.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Design domestic or industrial building water supply systems, including advanced facilities such as intakes, well rooms, treatment plants, pumping systems, pumping stations, plumbing and sanitary, pipelines, reservoirs and control buildings.
2. Be familiar with urban plans and water supply norms and standard such as International Plumbing Code, Uniform Plumbing Code, AHSREA and NFPA.
3. Produce plumbing fixture schedules and riser diagrams also produce project-based plumbing and fire protection specifications.
4. Prepare detailed design, calculation, specification, bill of quantities, and drawing for packages of building water supply projects in Capital Region.
5. Providing and preparing of comprehensive procedure relating to the water supply, canalization and environmental services, and submitting them to concerned divisions of Capital Region.
6. To attend building water supply and sanitary sewer relevant meetings of Capital Region projects on behalf of Water Supply Design Manager.
7. To conduct site visits for assessing, evaluating, monitoring and reporting of water supply during construction.
8. Report to the Water Supply Design Manager regarding all technical activities such as planning, design, and construction of water supply, plumbing and sanitary sewer facility projects in Capital Region.
9. Provide Technical assistance to Project Management Division engineers with respect to design and construction at site. To coordinate and interact with other CRIDA departments regarding water supply projects. Manage and organize the works and prepare/update a detail annual Work Plans.
10. Develop and introduce methods, manuals, tools, guidelines, standards and processes for production of effective management of water supply.
11. Perform other relevant duties as assigned by Water Supply Design Manager and Director of Structure Design Division.
· Minimum B.Sc. degree in Civil Engineering, Building Engineering, Water Supply and Sanitary Engineering.
· Candidate must have previous experience and demonstrate thorough working knowledge with Building Water Supply and Sanitary Systems.
Minimum 3 - 4 years of relevant experience in building water supply and sanitary planning, designing and implementing is required.
· Ability to produce detailed plumbing, sanitary sewer and fire protection layouts for design package drawings additionally provide technical comments and recommendations for all building water supply projects.
· Ability of problem solving and creativity.
· Strong knowledge in one of the national languages (Dari and Pashto) and good command in spoken and written English.
· Having good skills in technical report writing.
· Good knowledge of Auto CAD, Water gems, Plumbing CAD, MS office and other Hydraulic calculation applications.
· General knowledge of NFPA Standards and Building Codes
Proven abilities to produce/design drawings in compliance with Plumbing Codes and CAD Standards.