|Date Posted:||May 5, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 25, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Civil Engineering,Mechanical Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||8 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||2 months|
About State Corps:
STATE CORPS (SC) is an energy and construction firm established in 2007 in Afghanistan and is registered with U. S Government, AISA (Afghanistan Investment Support Agency) and ACCI (Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce & Industries). State Corps began its activities in the construction industry where we had the opportunity to work on numerous multimillion-dollar design build and site adapt projects for the United State Army Corps of Engineers (USACE). We have grown tremendously in the past decade to the point where we now stand at the top of the most successful and largest Afghan companies. As State Corps grew so did the area of its activities and we started working in the energy sector. We now have the experience of implementing high voltage Transmission Line, Substation, and power distribution projects. Since much work is still to be done in the energy sector and not many Afghan companies have the experience or capability to carry out such projects, WE have made this sector our main concentration.
In addition to its headquarters in Afghanistan, State Corps now has active offices in Dubai and Turkey and plans to expand the perimeter of its operations even further in the world. For more information about us, please visit our website: www.statecorps.com
The Incumbent will be responsible for overall management, investigation and successful delivery of water supply projects within timeline and budgetary requirements. He will be responsible for the development and management of all aspects of municipal and industrial water supply and wastewater systems project planning, design, and construction.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Proficient in MS Office applications including MS Project.
- Excellent project management and planning skills, and the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Good analytical skills and proactive problem-solver
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively whilst leading a project team.
- Reporting ability, financial management and cash flow analysis of the project
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely.
- Significant and professional client relationship management
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall management, investigation, design, execution and successful delivery of Water Supply projects within the defined financial objectives ensuring success in safety, quality, schedule, and budget.
- Identify major milestones, decision points, project life-cycle and other project events.
- Provide technical input to projects, review quality assurance and quality control of project deliverables and the preparation of high-quality reports and correspondence.
- Develop and introduce methods, manuals, tools, guidelines, standards and processes for production of effective management of water supply projects.
- Direct engagement in design of Water Supply projects and ensure the implementation of technical standards in all aspects of project design.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress.
- Manage day-to-day work on projects in construction phases; coordinate and make recommendations regarding status of work.
- Undertaking the works based on drawings, technical specifications, and BoQs Quantities
- Perform site inspections and monitor the progress of onsite activity.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports of construction activities and schedule regular meetings on the status of the project.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties for the flawless execution of projects.
- Review and provide recommendations on potential Change Orders on projects and process per contractual requirements.
- Responsible for managing and directing the project team through communication, coordination and follow up necessary to meet project goals and objectives.
- Create and maintain detailed project documentation throughout the life of a project and share information as necessary
- Any other tasks that shall be given by the competent authority.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical Engineering or related field (Master Preferred).
- Familiarity with urban plans and water supply norms and standard.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in managing water supply projects.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to develop and mentor project teams.
Interested candidates can send their resume along with a cover letter to below submission email no later than 25-May-19. Please mention the vacancy no and position title in the subject line of the email as: Water Supply PM SC-19-07
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.