|Date Posted:||May 5, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 25, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Civil Engineering,Mechanical Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||2 months|
About State Corps:
STATE CORPS (SC) is an energy and construction firm established in 2007 in Afghanistan and is registered with U. S Government, AISA (Afghanistan Investment Support Agency) and ACCI (Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce & Industries). State Corps began its activities in the construction industry where we had the opportunity to work on numerous multimillion-dollar design build and site adapt projects for the United State Army Corps of Engineers (USACE). We have grown tremendously in the past decade to the point where we now stand at the top of the most successful and largest Afghan companies. As State Corps grew so did the area of its activities and we started working in the energy sector. We now have the experience of implementing high voltage Transmission Line, Substation, and power distribution projects. Since much work is still to be done in the energy sector and not many Afghan companies have the experience or capability to carry out such projects, WE have made this sector our main concentration.
In addition to its headquarters in Afghanistan, State Corps now has active offices in Dubai and Turkey and plans to expand the perimeter of its operations even further in the world. For more information about us, please visit our website: www.statecorps.com
The incumbent will be responsible for overall management of technical activities of the project and leading, directing and supervising of the site team. He will implement all plans and tasks given to him by the Project manager and keeps the Project Manager informed of field variations and project progress.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Proficient in MS Office applications including MS Project.
- Excellent project management and planning skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively whilst leading a project team.
- Reporting ability, financial management and cash flow analysis of the project.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely.
- Significant and professional client relationship management
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Overall management of the project activities in site locations.
- Create the teams, develop the objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities.
- Implement the work in accordance with approved plans / drawings and specifications.
- Supervise from the progression of the work on site and ensures successful execution and supervision of on-site activities.
- Provide a guide Program for technical staff for construction activities.
- Ensure that construction activities move according to pre-determined schedule.
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams.
- Ensure project documentation.
- Monitors field variations and keep the Project Manager informed of these changes.
- Ensures materials and equipment received meet contract specifications and are properly inventoried and stored.
- Works closely with the PM and QC to develop and maintain the quality checklists, registers, logs and other tracking and monitoring tools
- Manage and supervise site team including QC, Safety and site engineers and assure quality of the work being implemented.
- Monitoring overall progress and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Responsible of site verification, site identification, site selection.
- Supervise activities of contractors on constructions sites (gravity and pressure line, distribution network, wells, pumping station, reservoirs and other hydro-technical structures).
- Prepares and reviews design change requests/notices.
- Analyses assigned activities to determine the scope, time and manpower requirement.
- Managing and supervision of underground utilities.
- Conducting weekly meetings with the project Manager and informing him of project progress.
- Ensure that projects are completed to a satisfactory standard before final payment is authorized.
- Any other tasks that will be given by the competent authority.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical Engineering or related field (Master Preferred).
- Familiarity with urban plans and water supply norms and standard.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in monitoring site construction works of water supply projects.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to develop and mentor project teams.
Interested candidates can send their resume along with a cover letter to below submission email no later than 25-May-19. Please mention the vacancy no and position title in the subject line of the email as: Water Supply Site Manager SC-19-08
Note:Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.