|Date Posted:||Mar 17, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Mar 29, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
The watershed coordinator will serve as the main technical person for all agricultural and natural resource management related activities of the project. To ensure the implementation of watershed management activities in line with the Catchment approach (Natural Resource Management, Rangeland Management, Agriculture Systems, Social Water Management, Forestry, etc.)
Requires travel to provinces:
Afghanaid seeks a responsible and dependable Watershed Coordinator with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in communication, organisational, interpersonal relations, decision-making and reporting skills.
Specifically, the holder of this position should also demonstrate the following:
a. Proficiency in computer software MS Office etc.
b. Reporting writing skills
c. Ability to provide technical supervision, motivate and train project beneficiaries and farmers.
d. Ability to deal with difficult, often challenging work situations.
e. Behavioural role model for peers and fellow team members.
f. Competent to work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines.
g. A results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities in personal workload,
h. Creative and innovative in conceptual and analytical thinking
i. Sensitivity to gender issues.
j. Fluent in Dari, Pashto and English (written and oral).
k. Personal integrity, sense of humour, intuitive and self-motivation
l. Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses, active listener
Duties & Responsibilities:
• As a member of the senior project management team overall to support the Provincial.
• coordinator in effective planning delivery monitoring impact assessment of the project;
• Liais with Watershed Advisor stakeholders and the project team management.
• Guide / support/ Develop capacities of a team of Agriculture Extension Officer and watershed supervisor and other project team members in order to successfully deliver NRM component of the programme.
• Ensure appropriate and timely implementation of NRM plans and Agriculture development plans within the frame work of project and other initiatives as appropriate.
• Ensure close and effective working with the team of Community Mobilizer for establishing community based institutions /organizations such as Watershed Management Committee (WMC) and develop their capacities.
• Develop appropriate MoUs / Agreements with communities and or community institutions in controlled grazing contribution in NRM water sharing establishment of farmers’ field schools/ demonstrations etc.
• To develop system for collecting baseline information and tracking the project progress in line with the log frame indicators.
• To develop specific plan on rangeland management vegetation cover assessment and monitoring by technical manner and aspect.
• To develop and contribute to design and plan NRM and Agriculture interventions in a participatory manner.
• Follow up the capacity building of Watershed Management Committee tracking their progress and ensuring the new established WMC functioning well according the regulation and code of conduct management body of them able to manage the Watershed Management Committee.
• Ensuring the small and poorest farmers have equal access to the inputs of Watershed Management Committee and service provider considering small farmers while they providing services to the community.
• Follow up the capacity building of Seed/Fodder bank committee management board tracking their progress and ensuring the seed bank functioning as well according the regulation statutes.
• Ensuring the poorest household has equal access to the inputs and services of Seed Bank Committee.
• To assist in identification of target group through participatory processes.
• To ensure in program design and assessment stage environmental protection equity and disaster risk reduction measures incorporate into program activities.
• Provide trainings to the project staff and community members on NRM Agriculture forestry horticulture Agro forestry etc issues.
• Organize social events to promote community based natural resources management equity and right based principles.
• Organize policy advocacy campaigns to enhance community awareness about agriculture NRM CBO government policies.
• Identify opportunities and strategic needs of the communities in order to enhance the project results and enhance community ownership participation and contribution.
• Ensure that the projects are carried out according standard operating procedures technical manuals and policies.
• Collection and compiling of seed multiplication on farm trials fruit/vegetable nurseries forest plantation and range management area.
• Inform Provincial coordinator Watershed advisor about any technical problems e.g. appearance of pest and diseases.
• Inform Provincial coordinator about procurement of agreed input and equipment to the farmers and project participants.
• Ensure / promote women participation wherever possible.
• Identify opportunities for external consultants’ inputs and develop TORs accordingly together with the project manager identify consultants.
• Afghanaid is committed to HAP to ensure downward accountability. Concern activities are guided by HAP standards in all stages both emergency and development projects /programs. In Afghanistan we also bounded our activities by Accountability framework and therefore any Afghanistan employees are responsible to comply with HAP principles and benchmarks as instructed by its policies and therefore make sure that you accept and implement HAP standards in all your activities.
• To give your full support in relation to emergencies when occurring in any area that Afghanaid will respond.
Monitoring & Impact Assessment
• Ensure regular information collection on each agreed indicators and reported through reports as per organizational and donor needs.
• Work with the monitoring and evaluation manager and develop impact monitoring indicators and system to understand document and disseminate the impact of the project and learning.
• Organize internal monitoring and impact assessment visits
Reporting & Communication:
• Develop and submit accurate monthly work plans and reports to the Sr.PM/ provincial Coordinator. These reports should include technical social and impact information.
• Liaise with Provincial PC regarding technical aspect of NRM implementing activities.
• Develop high quality donor reports for the NRM and agriculture related activities that is contributing to the project donor reports as required.
• Ensure government participation in key social events such as trainings exposure visits workshops etc as appropriate
• Liaise with relevant government departments and keep updated them on the project progress and achievements on regular basis.
• Develop training modules in aspects of NRM / Agriculture and other relevant topics and deliver training to NRMC(Natural resource management committee) CIGs (Common Interest Group ) CMGs (Crisis Management Groups) PSC( Provincial Steering Committee) and FCs(Farmer Cooperative) /CDC(Community Development Councils) /CMA(Catchment management association) project participants and project team members.
• Organize exchange / exposure visits for NRMC/CDC/CMA Government stakeholders and project team members.
• Awareness rising of NRMC/CDC/CMA and other stockholders on development of bylaws/statutes and implementation of that among community.
• Effective Manage a team of Agriculture Extension officers and NRM officers this includes development and review of job objectives performance management and weekly action planning.
• Development of performance development plans and implements them together with the Provincial coordinator
• Provide in writing feedback to the team members and keep informed the project manager and HR as appropriate.
• Participate in staff recruitments as advised by the Program coordinator.
• Liaise with relevant government departments NGO networks as advised by the Program Coordinator.
• Participate in relevant national provincial and district level meetings and represent the program.
• Participate in CMA / NRMC meetings as appropriate.
• Participate in Farmer cooperatives group meeting in the district level.
- Undertake any other duties as and when required by the line manager and/or overview manager.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Badakhshan, Samangan
Graduate /Post Graduate Degree in Agriculture/ Forestry/ horticulture/ Environmental related field