|Date Posted:||Mar 17, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Mar 29, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Responsible for project data and information management. Compile, analyze data and prepare reports and facilitate exchange of information among project stakeholders.
Requires travel to provinces:
Afghanaid seeks a responsible and dependable Watershed data management officer with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in communication, organisational, interpersonal relations, decision-making and reporting skills.
Specifically, the holder of this position should also demonstrate the following:
a. Proficiency in computer software MS Office etc.
b. Reporting writing skills
c. Accuracy, competency in database programs (Excel and Access). Good report designing and report writing skills
d. Ability to deal with difficult, often challenging work situations.
e. Behavioural role model for peers and fellow team members.
f. Competent to work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines.
g. A results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities in personal workload,
h. Creative and innovative in conceptual and analytical thinking
i. Sensitivity to gender issues.
j. Fluent in Dari, Pashto and English (written and oral).
k. Personal integrity, sense of humour, intuitive and self-motivation
l. Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses, active listener
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide Support for project Data management and reporting for best efficiency and effectiveness.
- Set up Data Management and reporting system for project progress.
- Prepare watershed reports based on Project Information Report format.
- Prepare accurate qualitative and quantitative reports on time.
- Ensure that the data management service provide accurate and quality information for monitoring activities.
- Ensure establishing database to track progress indicators.
- Follow up the capacity building of Watershed Management Committee tracking their progress
· To develop system for collecting baseline information and tracking the project
· To develop specific plan on rangeland management vegetation cover assessment and monitoring by technical manner and aspect.
· Ensure regular information collection on each agreed indicators and reported through reports as per organizational and donor needs.
· Work with the monitoring and evaluation manager and develop impact monitoring indicators and system to understand document and disseminate the impact of the project and learning.
· Organize internal monitoring and impact assessment visits
- Train field staff in development of case story and writing standard reports.
- Prepare the project photos for projects reports.
- Ensure the standard documentation of project.
- Facilitate exchange of information among provincial offices, projects and
- Coordinate exchange of experiences/lessons learned among field staff.
- Prepare quarterly project update to reflect the project development and impacts through reports and case stories.
- Demonstrate teamwork and extend cooperation with other Afghanaid programs and departments.
- Undertake any other duties as and when required by the line manager and/or overview manager.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Badakhshan, Samangan
University graduate with Minimum of four years work experience in Data and Contract Management or other related fields.
Please email a covering letter of application and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org including the job title and your name in the subject line by 29th March, 2020. Your covering letter should be no more than one standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.